Data Mining / Analytic Events News, Apr 2010
- Workshop on Algorithms for Modern Massive Data Sets - Registration open - Apr 28, 2010.
Online registration for the 2010 Workshop on Algorithms for Modern
- New Kaggle Competition - HIV Progression Prediction - Apr 28, 2010.
Models can be trained using the records of 1,000 patients, with the goal of predicting improvement in a patient's viral load.
- Bentley University Virtual Analytics Symposium, May 6, 11:30-1:30 ET - Apr 27, 2010.
Michael J. A. Berry on The Importance of Measuring the Right Thing.
- UAI 2010 Approximate Inference Evaluation Competition - Apr 27, 2010.
the upcoming evaluation of probabilistic inference algorithms, will be part of the UAI conference in July
- ICML 2010 Call for Participation, Haifa, Israel, June 21-25 - Apr 26, 2010.
The scientific program features 152 paper and poster presentations, 8 tutorials, 10 workshops, an invited application track, 3 invited speakers, and a guest lecture by Nobel laureate Robert Aumann.
- Pascal2 Machine Learning Bootcamp - Marseille, France - Apr 26, 2010.
The LIF-Marseille organises machine learning bootcamp, July 5 - 13 in Marseille, France. Application deadline: May 15.
- eMetrics Marketing Optimization Summit San Jose Delivers the Analytics Experts, May 3-7, 2010 - Apr 20, 2010.
The experts are back and Social Media Metrics are in the spotlight
- 6th Annual Text Analytics Summit & Exhibition, May 25 - 26, Boston - Apr 19, 2010.
Improve customer intelligence, news analysis and social media understanding with text analytics. GET A $200 Discount through KDnuggets
- Summer School in Advanced Statistics and Data Mining, Madrid, Jun 28 - Jul 9 - Apr 16, 2010.
The Technical University of Madrid (UPM) organizes this summer school, with 14 courses divided in 2 weeks.
- Data Mining talks at the Oracle BIWA/Collaborate Conference - Apr 16, 2010.
BI, Warehousing and Analytics (BIWA) is part of the Oracle Collaborate-2010 conference, Las Vegas, April 18-22, 2010.
- Mountain View, May 24: A Tour of a Modern Search Engine - Apr 13, 2010.
Hugh Williams explains the architecture of a modern search engine, and discusses how search engines provide search over tens of billions of documents in less than a second to millions of users.
- Recommender Problems for Web Applications, Apr 26, Mountain View - Apr 13, 2010.
Several web applications like content optimization and online advertising involve recommending items from an inventory for each user visit to maximize some yield metric of interest
- New York, Apr 13: Inaugural Sentiment Analysis Symposium - Apr 6, 2010.
This event bridges technology and business: software that discovers business value in opinions and attitudes in social media, news and enterprise feedback.
- SAS Webinar, Apr 21: Text Analytics 101 - Apr 5, 2010.
practical, accessible advice about how to seamlessly incorporate text-based insights for better decisions (free SAS Webinar)
- ECML PKDD 2010 Industrial Session - Call For Participation - Apr 1, 2010.
The session will consist of invited presentations leading industry experts in machine learning and data mining, and a panel on the future research challenges and opportunities