Data Mining / Analytic News, Apr 2010
- Facebook F8: One graph to rule them all - Apr 26, 2010.
For better or worse, Facebook Open Graph will enable web-wide social data mining
- Please Participate in 4th Annual Data Mining Survey - Apr 26, 2010.
Rexer Analytics is conducting our 4th annual survey of the analytic behaviors, views and preferences of data mining professionals.
- Most viewed items for week Apr 18-24 - Apr 26, 2010.
News: Most data miners won't buy an iPad; You've got to touch this! Oracle Data Mining on an iPad;
Top jobs: Data Analyst / Scientist at DailyMe, Miami; Statistician at Chick-fil-A, Atlanta
- New Poll: Global Warming / Climate Change? - Apr 19, 2010.
Our understanding of Global Climate Change depends on correctly interpreting the data, and so it is appropriate to ask data miners
- Most viewed items for week Apr 11-17 - Apr 18, 2010.
News: Book: Data Mining Techniques in CRM; Google large scale machine learning system;
Top Jobs: Senior Scientist - Knowledge Discovery & Data Mining at Firmenich, Geneva; Data Analyst at Blizzard Entertainment, Irvine
- Poll Results: Most data miners won't buy an iPad - Apr 18, 2010.
Majority of data miners don't want an iPad, but some already use it
- Certificate Program in Data Mining from statistics.com - Apr 13, 2010.
If you have been considering a certificate program in data mining, this information from statistics.com will be of interest
- Most viewed items for week Apr 4-10 - Apr 12, 2010.
News: Google changes its name to Topeka; Data Mining, Analytic Blog Highlights; Top Jobs: Data Analyst at Blizzard Entertainment; Senior Analyst, Hotel Revenue Optimization at Expedia
- 2010 ACM SIGKDD Innovation and Service Awards: Nominations due May 15 - Apr 9, 2010.
ACM SIGKDD is the premier global professional organization for knowledge discovery and data mining. It established the Innovation and Service Awards to recognize outstanding technical and service contributions to the KDD field.
- Data Mining, Analytic Blog Highlights - Apr 6, 2010.
Highlights from Analytic and Data mining blogs
- New Poll: Will you buy the Apple iPad? - Apr 6, 2010.
Please vote on www.kdnuggets.com
- Poll Results: Anonymization Still Possible - Apr 6, 2010.
Majority of responders thought it was still possible for companies to anonymize and release large personal datasets, but some questioned if the anonymized data would still be useful.
- Most viewed items for week Mar 28 - Apr 3 - Apr 5, 2010.
PAKDD 2010: Data Mining Competition; KDD Cup 2010: Educational Data Mining. Top Jobs: Data Analyst at Blizzard Entertainment; Predictive Modeler/Data Mining Analyst at Humana.
- Innocentive 100K Challenge: Predictive DNA Data Analysis - Apr 2, 2010.
a $100,000 prize is offered for a best solution for a problem related to DNA analysis and predicting traits in the test set.
- Google changes its name to Topeka - Apr 1, 2010.
We didn't reach this decision lightly; after all, we had a fair amount of brand equity tied up in our old name.