- Most viewed items for week May 23-29 - May 30, 2010.
Top news: Google Prediction API; New book: PMML in Action
Top jobs: Director of Research, Algorithms and Data Mining at JustAnswer; Data Mining Research Scientist at Technicolor
- TunedIT to organize IEEE ICDM '10 Contest (GPS navigation) - May 25, 2010.
Contest will organized on the TunedIT platform, and the task will be to predict road traffic congestion and model the process of traffic jams formation in the city of Warsaw, Poland.
- Rexer Analytics Annual Data Mining Survey: Last Call - May 25, 2010.
Last call: Have you completed the Annual Data Miner Survey yet? If you haven't, please visit this link to participate
- Most viewed items for week May 16-22 - May 23, 2010.
Top News: Poll Results: Free, Open Source Tools Grow in Popularity; New Poll: Largest Data Analyzed?
Top Jobs: Machine Learning Expert at SAP, Palo Alto; Data Mining Research Scientist at Technicolor, Princeton
- The Global Analytics Consortium Offers Business Analytics Certificates - May 20, 2010.
To receive the certification, you need knowledge, skills and experience in 4 areas: A) Theory and Methods of Business Analytics, B) Quantitative Methods and Predictive Modeling, C) Statistical Computing ... D) Analytics Application and Cases.
- Competition: What caused May 6 stock market collapse? - May 18, 2010.
AnalyticBridge competition: investigate the spectacular stock market collapse of May 6, 2010
- New Poll: Largest Data Analyzed? - May 18, 2010.
What was the largest database or dataset you data-mined / analyzed? Please vote
- Poll Results: Free, Open Source Tools Grow in Popularity - May 17, 2010.
RapidMiner, other open source/free tools gain in 11th Annual KDnuggets Data Mining / Analytics Tool poll
- KDD-2010 Call for Participation, July 25-28, Washington, DC - May 17, 2010.
KDD-2010 is the premier international forum for data mining researchers and practitioners. KDD-2010 will feature keynote presentations, oral paper presentations, poster sessions, workshops, tutorials, panels, exhibits, demonstrations, and the KDD Cup competition.
- Most viewed items for week May 9-15 - May 16, 2010.
News: New Poll: Data Mining/Analytic Tools Used; Why F# is the language for data mining
Top Jobs: Statistical Analyst with Web 2.0 Focus at Fitzgerald Analytics and Bundle Corporation; Netflix - Director of BI and Analytics
- Most viewed items for week May 2-8 - May 9, 2010.
News: New Poll: Data Mining/Analytic Tools Used; Facebook F8: One graph to rule them all
Top Jobs: Director of Data Analytics at SpeedDate.com; Predictive Modeler at Allstate Insurance Company
- KDD-2010 Registration Open - May 6, 2010.
Reduced rate registration prices are in effect until May 15!
- New Poll: Data Mining/Analytic Tools Used - May 4, 2010.
Which data mining/analytic tools you used in the past 12 months for a real project (not just evaluation)?
- Poll Results: Climate Change Causes Questioned - May 4, 2010.
KDnuggets Poll reveals surprising doubts on the causes of climate change
- Most viewed items for week Apr 25 - May 1 - May 2, 2010.
Top News: Facebook: One graph to rule them all; The Paradox of Overfitting
Top Jobs: Director of Analytics and BI, Playfish at EA; Scientist, Ad Selection at Turn