Data Mining, Analytics Audio/Video News, Mar 2011
- Videos from MIT Sports Analytics Conference - Mar 30, 2011.
recorded talks from MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference 2011
- NASA on Data Mining and Domestic Air Safety - Mar 24, 2011.
NASA TV "The Leading Edge" examines how the agency researchers, together with carriers like Southwest Airlines, are using data mining to help prevent future air mishaps.
- UCB Data Mining Lecture (Mar 16), Cluster Analysis - Mar 24, 2011.
Video of Data Mining Lecture by Prof. Ram Akella at UC Berkeley, on Cluster Analysis and Market Segmentation
- Leo Breiman on origins of CART - Mar 23, 2011.
The late Leo Breiman, a founding father of CART, talks about his experience using statistics in the Cold War, and traces the ideas, decisions and chance events that culminated in his contribution to CART.
- UCB Data Mining Lecture (Mar 9), Text Mining and Search Engines - Mar 23, 2011.
Video of Data Mining Lecture by Prof. Ram Akella at UC Berkeley, on Text Mining using SVD, Search Engines, Claritics Research Project
- UCB Data Mining Lecture (Mar 2), Why Naive Bayes Works - Mar 22, 2011.
Video of Data Mining Lecture by Prof. Ram Akella at UC Berkeley, covering Why Naive Bayes Works
- UCB Data Mining Lecture (Feb 23), Naive Bayes and Crowd Science - Mar 22, 2011.
Video of Data Mining Lecture by Prof. Ram Akella, Naive Bayes (part 1) and Crowd Science guest lecture (part 2)
- How The New York Times Uses R - Mar 17, 2011.
how R is used in the news cycle at the The New York Times to crunch data and prepare graphics before they go to print or online.
- DHS Chief Privacy Officer on Data mining - Mar 11, 2011.
A recent report by the Constitution Project offers federal agencies some help in managing the enormous amounts of data and how to set up data mining tools. Mary Ellen Callahan, DHS chief privacy officer tells how her department deals with these challenges.
- UCB Data Mining Lecture (Feb 16), Classification methods - Mar 7, 2011.
Video of Data Mining Lecture by Prof. Ram Akella on Classification methods, including k-nearest neighbors, Naive Bayes
- UCB Data Mining Lectures, Feb 2, 9 - Mar 4, 2011.
Videos of lectures on Data Mining by Prof. Ram Akella.