Data Mining / Analytic Software News, Mar 2011
- 11Ants Model Builder - Mar 30, 2011.
Build predictive models that anybody in your organization can deploy in Microsoft Excel. No integration or custom coding required. Free trial.
- ISMIS 2011 Contest Results: Music Information Retrieval - Mar 29, 2011.
The competition attracted 292 teams with 357 members, and 150 teams actively participated, submitting over 12,000 solutions in total, largely outperforming baseline methods
- Getting in shape for Data Competition - Mar 28, 2011.
This talk will be interesting to many who plan to participate in Heritage Health Prize, Kaggle, KDD-2011 or other data mining/analytics competitions
- Canada Open Data Pilot Project - Mar 25, 2011.
The government of Canada made its data available for both non-commercial and commercial use. Data covers areas such as health, environment, agriculture, and natural resources.
- Awesome: Data Science Toolkit - open tools for data - Mar 25, 2011.
Data Science Toolkit is a collection of many useful geolocation and text mining APIs, such as Street Address to Coordinates, File to Text, or Text to People. You can grab the entire site as a free self-contained server which can run on Amazon EC2.
- Elastic-R: Collaborative Environment for Data Analysis in the Cloud - Mar 23, 2011.
Elastic-R is a cloud-based portal, which works with R and lets users to collaborate, share and reuse functions, algorithms, R sessions; and to perform elastic distributed computing.
- Blaze Statistics Software - Mar 22, 2011.
a small but highly useful statistical app for researchers, managers, analysts and students, focused on common tasks such as creating histograms, generating descriptive statistics and hypothesis testing.
- KNOWLEDGE GRID: A service-oriented data mining framework on Grids - Mar 18, 2011.
allows for the distributed execution of data mining algorithms and KDD applications on Grids through the use of WSRF Web Services. New version is fully service-oriented and each data mining task or workflow is implemented as one or a set of services.
- Heritage Health Prize Will Include $230,000 in Progress Prizes - Mar 15, 2011.
The progress prizes will be $50K to the top two teams after 6 months, $80K to the top two teams after 12 months, and $100K to the top two teams after 18 months.
- Cloudnumbers looking for beta users - Mar 13, 2011.
Cloudnumbers.com, a platform for computationally intensive calculations in the cloud, is looking for beta users to test its R environment.
- RKWard - IDE for R-language - Mar 5, 2011.
it provides a convenient user-interface and integration with an office-suite.
- Analytics Training India Competition: Propensity Modeling - Mar 4, 2011.
build a propensity model to score leads generated from various online sources present in a CRM system.
- Call for Research Proposals: Modeling Mobile Customer Behavior - Mar 4, 2011.
seeking research proposals that will stimulate new thinking and impactful research on "Modeling Mobile Customer Behavior." We anticipate awarding 4-8 grants ranging from $2,000-$10,000 to support high-quality empirical research.
- Kaggle Competitions Update - Mar 3, 2011.
2 new competitions launched: identify handwriting and avoid overfitting.
- RStudio: integrated development environment for R - Mar 1, 2011.
a new, free and open-source IDE for R, combining an intuitive user interface with powerful coding tools. It is available for all major platforms including Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.