Data Mining Community's Top Resource
for Data Mining and Analytics Software, Jobs, Consulting, Courses, and more
ICDM 2011 Data Mining Contest
The challenge is to develop methods that can predict future editing activity on Wikipedia. Prizes for top finishers total 10K.
Wikipedia Participation Challenge Competition now open! Go to the
Contest Website on Kaggle.com for more information.
The 2011 ICDM Data Mining Contest is now open.
The contest is sponsored by the
and hosted by Kaggle.
The challenge is to develop methods that can predict future editing activity on
Prize money totaling $10,000 is available for the top finishers. See the
and the Wikimedia announcement for more information.
Participants will be invited to submit a paper to ICDM describing their solution. Papers will be reviewed by the contest co-chairs, and selected papers will be published in the conference proceedings. Selected entries will be invited to present their solution at a special session of the ICDM conference. Contest winners will be announced at the ICDM awards ceremony.
ICDM Contest Co-Chairs
- June 28, 2011: Contest begins
- September 20, 2011: Contest ends
- September 27, 2011: Submission of papers from contest teams
- October 4, 2011: Announcement of selected papers
- October 11, 2011: Submission of camera-ready papers by selected teams
- December 11-14, 2011: Winners announced at ICDM conference
- Larry Holder, Washington State University
- Ashok Srivastava, NASA Ames
- Howie Fung, Wikimedia Foundation
- Diederik van Liere, Wikimedia Foundation
Copyright © 2013 KDnuggets. |
SUBSCRIBE to KDnuggets News email |