Data Mining Community's Top Resource
for Data Mining and Analytics Software, Jobs, Consulting, Courses, and more
Data Mining / Analytic Software News, Jun 2011
- Yahoo launching Hadoop spinoff - Jun 28, 2011.
By incorporating next-generation features and capabilities, HortonWorks hopes to make Hadoop easier to consume and better suited for running production workloads.
- Forecasting Ace Project - Jun 28, 2011.
explores new methods to combine predictions from a wide range of volunteer participants to provide more accurate forecasts of global events.
- Hungarian pharmaceutical data - Jun 23, 2011.
Thesys group published several pharmaceutical datasets derived from Hungarian prescription data.
- Call to R enthusiasts to work on The R Programming wikibook - Jun 23, 2011.
a call for both R community members and R-bloggers, to come and help make The R Programming wikibook be amazing
- LexisNexis open-sources its Hadoop killer - Jun 17, 2011.
LexisNexis is releasing a set of open-source, data-processing tools that it says outperforms Hadoop and even handles workloads Hadoop presently can't.
- First Look - 11Ants Analytics - Jun 10, 2011.
11Ants has taken WEKA machine learning technology and built a commercial product aimed at making these algorithms available to users who are not expert data miners.
- New dataset released: SMS Spam Collection v.1 - Jun 9, 2011.
a public dataset of 5,574 SMS (text) messages collected for mobile phone spam research, tagged as legitimate or spam.
- The Netflix Prize, Big Data, SVD and R - Jun 2, 2011.
Bryan Lewis shows how to use IRLBA R package to do SVD on the Netflix Prize data set
Copyright © 2014 KDnuggets. |
SUBSCRIBE to KDnuggets News email |