17th ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining
August 21-24, 2011, Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego, CA
The world's leading conference covering important areas in Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD), predictive analytics, and technology for analyzing Big Data and uncovering patterns in massive databases, will convene in San Diego, from August 21 - 24, 2011. Attracting hundreds of high caliber faculty, researchers and students, as well as renowned industry executives and practitioners, KDD 2011 is the top forum to present and discuss technology and scientific advances in data mining and predictive analytics.
Sponsored by Accenture, eBay, Google, IBM, Media6Degrees, Microsoft, San Diego Software Industries Council and Yahoo! Labs, the KDD 2011 program includes:
- Scientific tracks with paper presentations peer reviewed and selected from a record number of submissions
- Invited Talks from academic and industry leaders including Stephen Boyd (Stanford), Peter Norvig (Google), David Haussler (UC Santa Cruz), and Judea Pearl (UCLA)
- Tutorials on social media analytics, Internet ad systems, Hadoop, Grid and Cloud Computing from scientists at Stanford, Rutgers, Princeton, LinkedIn, Microsoft, Google and Yahoo!
- An in-depth panel on data mining competitions highlighting their increasing importance for the industry
- Workshops to explore data mining applications for social media, healthcare, online advertising, and sustainability
- Award sessions for winners of ACM SIGKDD Innovation and Service Awards and the KDD Cup competition