17th ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining
August 21-24, 2011, Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego, CA
Industry Practice Expo is a NEW track at the KDD-2011 Conference featuring leading industry experts who have directly contributed to successful data mining applications in their respective fields! The Industry Practice Expo is a MUST if you are interested in the innovative and leading-edge applications of data mining and knowledge discovery in the areas of marketing, finance, healthcare, bio-informatics, public policy, infrastructure, telecommunications, social media and computational advertising. This expo is comprised of technical talks and panel discussions and will complement the existing Industry and Government track at KDD which focuses on peer reviewed publications.
Register today to attend the KDD 2011.
Industry Practice Expo Speakers include:
- David Norton (CMO, Ceasars Entertainment), The Power of Analysis of Data
- Colleen McCue (GeoEye Analytics) Operational Security Analytics - Doing More with Less
- Ravi Vijayaraghavan (Vice President, 24/7 Customer Innovation Labs) and P V Kannan (CEO, 24/7 Customer) Applications of Data Mining and Machine Learning in Online Customer Care
- Paul Rejto (Director of Oncology Research, Pfizer Labs) Knowledge Discovery and Data-Mining in Pharmaceutical Cancer Research
- Tai Hsu (Principal Scientist, Alibaba.com) Real-Time Riske Control for Card Not Present (CNP)
- Mario Inchiosa (Chief Scientist, Netezza) and Michele Chambers (GM and VP, Analytic Solutions, IBM) Accelerating Large-Scale Analytics using In-Database Analytics
- Dan Steinberg (Founder and President, Salford Systems) and Felipe Fernandez-Martinez (CEO, Interfe) Broad Scale Predictive Modeling and Marketing Optimization in Retail Sales
- Richard Boire (Co-Founder, Boire Filler Group) The Practitioner's View to Data Mining - Key Lessons Learned in the Trenches and Case Studies
- David Reiley (Principal Scientist, Yahoo! Labs) "Which Half is Wasted?": Controlled Experiments to Measure Online-Advertising Effectiveness
- John Elder (Founder, Elder Research) Thriving as a Data Miner in the Real World