Data Mining / Analytic News, Sep 2011
- Survey: Predictive Analytics in the Cloud - Sep 30, 2011.
voice your opinion on how predictive analytics and the cloud are impacting your business now and in the future. Get access to results with registration.
- Poll Results: How different is "Data Science" from "Statistics"? - Sep 27, 2011.
The vote average was 46% difference, about halfway between between "Mostly" and "Partly" different. Interestingly, there were significant disparities by region.
- Top news for Sep 18-24 - Sep 25, 2011.
New Book: Data Mining with Rattle and R; Academic Prices for DM Software;
Top jobs: Data Scientist at Intuit; Data Mining Analyst at Waterfront International
- Top news for Sep 11-17 - Sep 18, 2011.
New Poll: Data Science vs Statistics? What do you call analyzing data?
Top jobs: Researcher - Recommender Systems, Predictive Analytics at Ericsson NM Lab, Ireland; Business Leader, Fraud Investigation at MasterCard, Purchase, NY or St. Louis, MO;
- New Poll: Is Data Science different from Statistics? - Sep 13, 2011.
Please vote in KDnuggets poll: How different is "Data Science" from "Statistics" ?
- Poll Results: What do you call analyzing data? - Sep 13, 2011.
Data mining is still the most top term, but the 2nd most popular terms differ for Industry and Academia. The least common term is surprising. We also analyze the "bias" of each term with respect to usage in Industry.
- Top news for Sep 4-10 - Sep 11, 2011.
SAS vs R discussion; Top KDD references from the last 4 years;
Top jobs: Predictive Modeler at Allstate Research/Planning Center; PhD Position in Medical Data Mining at Maastricht U.
- Connecting with the Social Analytics Experts - Sep 7, 2011.
Text Analytics News caught up with four analytics leaders who are helping connect and educate analytics professionals on the Web.
- Top news for Aug 28 - Sep 3 - Sep 4, 2011.
New Poll: What do you call data mining? Fake reviews online; Big data revolution: 5 startups mining the trend;
Top jobs: Operations Research Scientist at U. of Phoenix and Apollo Group; Data Mining Consultant/Scientist at BCBST
- How to find data miners, analytics people, and data scientists - Sep 3, 2011.
Do you want more friends that understand cross-validation error, overfitting and SVM?
- Top news, jobs in August - Sep 1, 2011.
Poll Results: Top Languages for DM/Analytics; Free Stanford courses on AI, ML, DB;
Top jobs: Statistical Analyst/Data Modeler at Quicken Loans, Detroit, MI; Research Internships at Yandex, Moscow, Russia;
- Additions to KDnuggets in August - Sep 1, 2011.
New companies, education, meetings, publications, software, solutions, blogs