KDnuggets™ News 11:n05, Feb 15
Features (6) |
Courses (6) |
Webcasts (1) |
Software (4) |
Jobs (6) |
Academic (3) |
Meetings (4) |
AudioVideo (3) |
Publications (8) |
NewsBriefs (5) |
CFP (10) |
- New Poll: Annual Income/Employer type - Feb 13, 2011.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: What is your annual salary/income range and employer type? Please vote on www.kdnuggets.com
- Poll Results: IBM to win in Jeopardy vs Humans - Feb 11, 2011.
60% of KDnuggets readers expect IBM Watson computer to win, which would be a tremendous milestone for artificial intelligence.
- PAW San Francisco in less than 4 weeks - Feb 14, 2011.
Register now to take advantage of $200 savings for PAW San Francisco Conference, March 14-15.
- 7th Annual Text Analytics Summit, May 18-19, Boston - Feb 14, 2011.
As part of the exciting launch of the 7th Annual Text Analytics Summit (May 18-19, Boston), we are offering KD Nuggets subscribers (free) access to exclusive industry knowledge
- Most viewed items for Feb 6-12 - Feb 13, 2011.
Free Public Datasets; New site for data-related questions;
Top jobs: Database Marketing Analyst at IBM, Anywhere, US; Data Analysis Consultant at Megaputer Intelligence, Bloomington, IN;
- Most viewed items for Jan 30 - Feb 5 - Feb 6, 2011.
Free Public Datasets; New Poll: Will IBM "Watson" defeat human Jeopardy Champions?;
Top jobs: Postdoc Positions in Data Mining at U. of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia; Research Engineers at Yahoo! Labs within Barcelona Media, Barcelona, Spain;
- Data Mining and Survival Analysis Techniques - Feb 14, 2011.
Look deeper into your data and make better informed business decisions with data mining experts Michael Berry or Gordon Linoff. Attend one of their upcoming classes and see how they have solved problems for customers around the world.
- Transcend your competition with business analytics - Feb 14, 2011.
Learn the latest trends, advances, and best practices surrounding business analytics through a series of Live Web classes from SAS®. Enjoy the classroom experience directly from your desktop.
- Learn How Experts Mine Data - Feb 14, 2011.
Leverage highly valuable and impactful insight from your existing data through an intensive course series with over 20 years of innovation. Apr 11-15 in Las Vegas; Jun 13-17 in New York, NY; Aug 15-19 in San Francisco, CA.
- Bay area Machine Learning Courses - Feb 10, 2011.
Machine Learning 102 will cover ensemble methods, unsupervised learning and fault detection. Machine Learning 202 covers several machine learning topics in detail.
- Making Analysis Work for Business: 2-day UK Workshop - Feb 10, 2011.
Improve your data analyst productivity and impact with this unique two day workshop,which focuses on the essential core soft skills of Communication, Planning and Presentation of Data.
- statistics.com Q1 Courses on Data Mining, R, Visualization & more - Feb 4, 2011.
online 4-week courses on Data Mining, Forecasting, R, Data Visualization, and more. 20% tuition discount for KDnuggets readers
- Senior Statistical Engineer at telemetry, London, UK and New York, NY - Feb 9, 2011.
lead the data mining research and development at telemetry, working alongside a team of industry leading coders, engineers and analysts.
- Data Analysis Consultant at Megaputer Intelligence, Bloomington, IN - Feb 8, 2011.
Create data analysis and reporting solutions for Megaputer customers with the help of PolyAnalyst™ platform: experimental, proof-of-concept, implementation, and production projects. Develop successful long-term relationships with customers.
- Database Marketing Analyst at IBM, Anywhere, US - Feb 7, 2011.
support Demand Programs which generate new business for IBM products, services, and solutions by innovatively designing, managing, and executing state-of-the-art marketing campaigns.
- Analytics Consultant - Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences at Tibco, Any City in US - Feb 3, 2011.
work closely with our TIBCO Spotfire account management, implementation and development teams to provide analytics expertise within a pre and post sales capacity, proof-of-concept, customer implementation, methodology development and code development
- Analytics Consultant at Tibco, Any City in US - Feb 2, 2011.
work closely with our TIBCO Spotfire account management, implementation, and development teams to provide analytics expertise within a pre and post sales capacity, proof-of-concept, customer implementation, methodology development and code development
- Predictive Modeling Analyst at Chartis Private Client Group, NY or NJ - Feb 2, 2011.
Chartis Private Client Group provides innovative insurance products and risk management services designed to enhance protection and minimize threats to the personal wealth of high net worth individuals.
- CMU Research Fellowships in Machine Learning and Data Mining at U. of Porto, Portugal, Porto, Portugal - Feb 13, 2011.
part of a strong international team working in the area of anomaly detection and prediction as well as fault localization in enterprise networks using machine learning and data mining techniques
- Undergrad Summer Research at Texas State U., St. Marcos, TX - Feb 12, 2011.
10 positions for undergrad students for NSF funded summer research program in New Paradigms of Information Retrieval from Diverse Data.
- Two Ph.D. Positions In Natural Language Processing at Sapienza U., Rome, Italy - Feb 2, 2011.
perform cutting-edge research in one of 3 areas: multilingual & domain-oriented word sense disambiguation & induction, Statistical Machine Translation For Resource-Rich vs. resource-poor languages, Semantic Information Retrieval And Extraction.
- ACM Data Mining Talks, Mountain View - Feb 10, 2011.
ACM Bay area talks from Feb to Jun on Analytics and Data Mining, including 10 Tips on Building Analytics Solutions, Large-Scale Data Processing Workflows, Bayesian Statistical Reasoning, and Recycling Digital Exhaust for Fun
- Agenda for 2011 Sentiment Analysis Symposium, April 12, New York - Feb 10, 2011.
The symposium is a unique event that bridges technology and business in one of the most exciting applications to emerge in recent years: software that discovers business value in opinions and attitudes in social media, news, and enterprise feedback. Early-bird registration thru March 1.
- Data 2.0 Conference, Apr 4, San Francisco - Feb 9, 2011.
Learn from Google, Microsoft, SimpleGeo, Factual, and 50 other innovators about what's next in the world of data. KDnuggets readers
- SBP11: Int. Conf. on Social Computing, Behavioral-Cultural Modeling, & Prediction - Feb 8, 2011.
Mar 29-31, College Park, MD - an opportunity for behavioral and social science researchers to come together with computational and computer scientists and other related disciplines and seeks to attract researchers, practitioners, program staff from federal agencies and graduate students
- New Website Launched for the Analytics Industry - Feb 14, 2011.
Analytics-magazine.com launched by INFORMS
- How Much Information Is There in the World? - Feb 13, 2011.
New report documents the world's capacity to store, communicate, and compute information. By 2007, humanity was able to store 295 exabytes of information.
- Web Analytics: Frequently Asked Questions And Direct Answers - Feb 10, 2011.
Avinash Kaushik, Google's web analytics guru, answers frequent questions from readers, in his always great style.
- The Role of UI In The Big Data Revolution - Feb 7, 2011.
a promiment VC shares his view on Strata Big Data Conference the role of user interface in the Big Data Revolution.
- Rainbird: Realtime Analytics at Twitter - Feb 7, 2011.
Rainbird is a highly distributed software Twitter uses for analytics. This presentation was made at Strata 2011 Conference.
- Strata Data Conference, Feb 2 - Feb 4, 2011.
Followthedata blog report on first day of O'Reilly Strata Data Conference
- The Road to BI Success - Feb 3, 2011.
Read an active Q&A session with Dan Vesset, IDC Program Vice President of Business Analytics on building a successful enterprise BI strategy.
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for BI Platforms - Feb 2, 2011.
In 2010, business users had greater influence over BI buying, often choosing data discovery vendors as an alternative to traditional BI tools. But megavendors continued to hold the majority of BI market share.
- FraudMAP® Emerges as Standard for Anomaly Detection and Transaction Monitoring - Feb 11, 2011.
Guardian Analytics, the innovator in behavioral analytics fraud prevention software, announced a record 2010 results and growth in financial institutions adopting its flagship solution FraudMAP.
- Rapid Insight Adds Data Visualization - Feb 11, 2011.
Veera Version 3.6 Adds Data Visualization to Reporting and Analysis Capabilities
- Patented Data Mining Technology Created at NDSU Licensed to Treeminer - Feb 11, 2011.
A novel vertical data mining method developed at NDSU offers significant accuracy and scalability advantages over current methods. It was licensed to Treeminer, Inc.
- Algebraix Data Raises $7.5M for Unstructured Analytics Technology - Feb 10, 2011.
By applying advanced algebraic algorithms and parallel processing, Algebraix software can monitor users' query patterns adaptively restructure the data.
- GamesAnalytics, Data Mining / Monetization for the Games Industry - Feb 8, 2011.
New company maximizes revenue for Facebook games, MMOs, and virtual worlds with industry's first turnkey real-time behavioral analytics and individually targeted in-game marketing service.
CFP - Calls for Papers (see also All CFP)
- Bioinformatics, Computational Biology and Biomedicine, due Mar 20
- SWM 11, due Apr 5
- KR4HC-2011, due Apr 6
- Intelligent Techniques for Web Personalization & Recommender Systems, due Apr 10
- String Processing and Information Retrieval, due Apr 20
- IICAI-datamining, due May 1
- Knowledge Discovery, Knowledge Engineering and Knowledge Management, due May 10
- CIDU 2011, due May 13
- Discovery Science, due May 18
- Industrial ICDM 2011 Short papers, Industry Papers, Workshop papers, due May 31
What short game show was a giant milestone for artificial intelligence? IBM Jeopardy Challenge, first night played on Feb 14, 2011, showed amazing progress for computers, with Watson tied for first place against two human champions.