KDnuggets™ News 11:n09, Apr 6
Features (5) |
Courses (1) |
Software (5) |
Jobs (5) |
Academic (1) |
Meetings (2) |
AudioVideo (2) |
Publications (3) |
NewsBriefs (6) |
CFP (6) |
- Analytics Crossword - Apr 5, 2011.
Here is KDnuggets 2nd Crossword dedicated to the field Analytics and Data Mining. Enjoy!
- New Poll: Which R GUI you use frequently? - Mar 28, 2011.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: which of these R GUIs you use frequently (if any). Please vote on www.kdnuggets.com.
- Most viewed items for Mar 27 - Apr 2 - Apr 3, 2011.
New Poll: Which R GUI you use frequently?; Poll Results: R share of analytics work;
Top jobs: Summer intern at Telefonica Research, Madrid, Spain; Analytical Modeling Staff Scientist-11001127 at SAS, San Diego, CA;
- Most viewed news, jobs in March - Apr 1, 2011.
New Poll: R share in your Analytics Work; RStudio IDE;
Top jobs: Decision Scientist, Microsoft Ads Platform; Data Mining Analyst at WIL, Toronto
- Additions to KDnuggets in March - Apr 1, 2011.
New companies, datasets, education, faq, meetings, publications, software, solutions, websites
- Heritage Health Prize launched - Apr 5, 2011.
The HHP is a $3 million competition to predict who will go to hospital and for how long. The data will be released in three waves. The Apr 4 launch allows people to register and download the first instalment, which includes enough data for people to start trying out models.
- 11Ants Model Builder - Mar 30, 2011.
Build predictive models that anybody in your organization can deploy in Microsoft Excel. No integration or custom coding required. Free trial.
- Data.gov, other transparency sites run out of funding - Apr 5, 2011.
Data.gov, USASpending.gov, and similar federal sites that provide data face virtual extinction because it appears that Congress will cut their collective budgets from $34m to $2m.
- Social Tagging Games and Study - Apr 1, 2011.
play two fun games while at the same time contributing to the study of online social tagging behavior
- R Reference Card for Data Mining - Apr 1, 2011.
R Reference Card for Data Mining lists many useful R functions and packages for data mining applications.
- Software/Algorithms Engineer at Efficient Frontier, Sunnyvale, CA - Apr 4, 2011.
with knowledge of statistical modeling concepts to develop and deploy large-scale online ad targeting systems.
- Quantitative Advertising Analyst at Resonate Networks, Reston, VA - Apr 1, 2011.
responsible for developing new and innovative ways to analyze proprietary and campaign data, develop campaign optimization processes and continue enhancing our targeting algorithms.
- Search Relevance Engineer at Shopping.com, Brisbane, CA or San Jose, CA - Mar 31, 2011.
Design and implement systems and features for improving the relevance of next-generation search engine for Shopping.com, the leading global online shopping comparison network.
- Platform Architect at Shopping.com, Brisbane, CA - Mar 31, 2011.
Design highly scalable, reliable, extensible and maintainable applications and platforms while balancing various parameters like cost, constraints, requirements, and complexity
- Java/J2EE Lead at Stubhub, San Francisco, CA - Mar 30, 2011.
developing, maintaining and governance of the StubHub Development Infrastructure. This is a hands-on coding and key Technology staff position.
- Berry and Linoff: Data Mining Techniques 3rd Edition - Apr 5, 2011.
In the 14 years since the first edition came out, our knowledge has increased by a factor of at least 10 while the page count has only doubled so I estimate the information density has increased by a factor of five
- Steve Miller on Scorecasting - Apr 4, 2011.
The book incisive analyses debunk "the hot hand" for basketball shooters, demonstrates racial bias in the hiring of NFL head coaches and explains the lost century for the Chicago Cubs
- New York Times: When the Data Struts Its Stuff - Apr 3, 2011.
Statistics don't have to be dull - gurus of visual analytics can make them a pleasure to comprehend.
- Patent: Patient data mining for automated compliance - Apr 5, 2011.
A group of Siemens engineers received patent for automatically generating performance measurement information.
- SAS® OnDemand for Academics - Apr 5, 2011.
Higher ed researchers will soon be able to access SAS Enterprise Miner and Forecast Server for free through SAS OnDemand for Academic, joining professors and students who were able to use SAS in coursework for free for over a year.
- Jingwei Q4 and Record Full Year 2010 Results - Apr 4, 2011.
Jingwei, a leading provider in China of data mining, interactive marketing and software services, announced its consolidated financial results for Q4 and full year ended Dec 31, 2010.
- Data Mining Pioneer Usama Fayyad Joins Martini Media Board of Directors - Apr 3, 2011.
Data analytics scientist, serial entrepreneur, investor, and architect of Yahoo! Big Data and targeting systems, Fayyad will help Martini Media develop a next-generation targeting technology to deliver effective branded response for advertisers.
- IBM adds Cloud-Based Social Media Analytics - Apr 1, 2011.
IBM Coremetrics Social helps companies analyze the business impact of their social marketing initiatives, while IBM Unica Pivotal Veracity Email Optimization Suite analyzes email links that are shared across social network platforms
- Cloudera, Digital Reasoning partner for Complex Data Analytics - Mar 31, 2011.
for government intelligence and enterprise markets. Synthesys expands use of Cloudera Distribution including Apache Hadoop (CDH3) by adding Apache HBase support
CFP - Calls for Papers (see also All CFP)
Chrome Predictive Browser:
It applies a gravitational time dilation data mining process to stored user data, which enables the company to accurately forecast content that will actually be published sometime in the future.
April 1, 2011, Conceivably Tech