Data Mining / Analytic News, Jan 2012
- Top news for Jan 22-28 - Jan 29, 2012.
KDDCUP 2012; Social Media Analytics at PAW/TAW, SF, Mar 6-7; Microsoft plan for Hadoop and big data
Top jobs: Data Scientist, Trulia, SF; 10+ ML researchers at GE, San Ramon, CA.
- Top news for Jan 15-21 - Jan 22, 2012.
KDDCUP 2012; Amazon Access Competition; Poll Results: Hottest Analytics/DM Topics in 2012;
Top jobs: 10+ ML researchers at GE; Big Data Analytics at Wipro, Bangalore.
- Ventana Research and KDnuggets Announce Analytics Education and Research Partnership - Jan 18, 2012.
Focus on predictive analytics and benchmark research
- Top news for Jan 8-14 - Jan 15, 2012.
Poll Results: Hottest Analytics / DM Topics in 2012; 5 Big Data Startups to Watch; IBM sees gold in data mining
Top jobs: ML/ DM Research Scientists at AT&T Labs, NJ/San Fransisco; Researcher at 1199 SEIU, NYC/Boston;
- Poll Results: Hottest Analytics / Data Mining Topics in 2012 - Jan 11, 2012.
The biggest surprise is the lack of surprises here. The top 3 topics were Big Data, Analytics in the Cloud/Hadoop, and Social Analytics. Privacy was in the last place.
- Top news, jobs in December - Jan 3, 2012.
Top Analytics / Data Mining Stories in 2011; Growing your own data scientists; 5 Big Data predictions
Top jobs: Decision Scientist at Microsoft; PRINCIPAL (Federal Finance/Analytics) at Booz Allen Hamilton.
- Additions to KDnuggets in December - Jan 1, 2012.
New datasets (OpenData), education (certificates), meetings, software (Text, Web Mining), solutions (Music discovery, Security, Sports)
- Top news for Dec 25-31 - Jan 1, 2012.
New Poll: Hottest analytics / data mining areas in 2012?; Breakthrough non-parametric exploration using MIC; Stat/ML Data Mining with GenIQ
Top jobs: Senior Analyst at US Treasury, FinCEN; Associate Prof. Knowledge Mining, TU Darmstadt.