A NEW 2-Day Oracle University (OU) Instructor Led Course on Oracle Data Mining has been developed for customers and anyone wanting to learn more about data mining, predictive analytics and knowledge discovery inside the Oracle Database. Oracle Data Mining, a component of the Oracle Advanced Analytics Option, extends the Oracle database into a comprehensive advanced analytics platform for big data analytics. Oracle Data Mining provides data mining algorithms that run as native SQL functions for high performance in-database model building and model deployment. This OU course is a great way learn to the advantages and benefits of "big data analytics"; mining data, building and deploying "predictive analytics" all inside the Oracle Database. To register for a class, click here, then click on View Schedule to see the latest scheduled classes and/or submit your information expressing interest in attending a class.
- Explain basic data mining concepts and describe the benefits of predictive analysis
- Understand primary data mining tasks, and describe the key steps of a data mining process
- Use the Oracle Data Miner to build,evaluate, and apply multiple data mining models
- Use Oracle Data Mining's predictions and insights to address many kinds of business problems, including: Predict individual behavior, Predict values, Find co-occurring events
- Learn how to deploy data mining results for real-time access by end-users
- Go beyond simple BI and dashboards about the past. This course will teach you about "data mining" and "predictive analytics", analytical techniques that can provide huge competitive advantage
- Take advantage of your data and investment in Oracle technology
- Leverage all the data in your data warehouse, customer data, service data, sales data, customer comments and other unstructured data, point of sale (POS) data, to build and deploy predictive models throughout the enterprise.
- Learn how to explore and understand your data and find patterns and relationships that were previously hidden
- Focus on solving strategic challenges to the business, for example, targeting "best customers" with the right offer, identifying product bundles, detecting anomalies and potential fraud, finding natural customer segments and gaining customer insight.
Product Information: Oracle Advanced Analytics, a combination of Oracle Data Mining and Oracle R Enterprise, delivers predictive analytics, data mining, text mining, statistical analysis, advanced numerical computations and interactive graphics inside the database. Oracle Data Mining provides users SQL access to high performance algorithms in the database. ODM can mine tables, views, star schemas, transactional and unstructured data to represent a complete 360 degree view of the customer for better customer understanding. ODM leverages database parallelism, Real Application Clusters (RAC) and other database features for fast in-database model building and scoring, thus avoiding time consuming data movement. Exadata smart scans execute ODM models at the storage tier, while parallel query, Exadata and cursors support ODM in Decision Support System (DSS) and OLTP environments (e.g., real-time call centers).
Oracle R Enterprise, integrates the Open-Source Statistical Environment R with Oracle Database 11g, allowing analysts and statisticians to run existing R applications and use the R client directly against data stored in Oracle Database 11g-vastly increasing scalability, performance and security.