Analytics startup Kontagent has announced kSuite DataMine(tm) for Analysts, a SaaS offering that enables analysts to use Hive-powered, SQL-like queries to get data out of a Hadoop deployment. It is initially aimed at social gaming and mobile app developers to help them better engage and monetize users.
kSuite DataMine makes it possible to answer questions such as:
- What last three actions did users take before they uninstalled or failed to return?
- What last five behaviors did users exhibit before purchasing virtual goods?
- What are the purchase habits of my highest-value gamers or users?
- Who are my most viral users, and how can I use that information to attract more of them?
- What unusual spending patterns or other behaviors signal the presence of fraud or other anomalies?