- Civic Data Challenge - May 24, 2012.
Turn the raw data of "civic health" into beautiful, useful applications and visualizations, enabling communities to be better understood and made to thrive.
- Competitions: Predict personality traits, Psychopathy based on Twitter usage - May 21, 2012.
The 2 competitions will use anonymised dataset of users, their self assessed personality and psychopathy scores, and 337 variables derived from their Twitter information.
- Challenge: Identify Private vs. Public Information on Massive Scale - May 14, 2012.
Propose a trustworthy mechanism to distinguish private vs. public information in a massive stream of online information. Deadline: May 21
- Crowdanalytix contest: Predicting the Euro 2012 Soccer (Football) Winners - May 11, 2012.
Develop an algorithm that can predict the ranking & outcome of each of the participating nations playing in the Euro 2012 Soccer (Football) championship.
- VAST Challenge 2012: Big Data Visualization - May 10, 2012.
How do you visualize a network with 1M computers so that you can perceive its state and identify problems? How to identify unusual events occuring in one of regional offices?
- RecSys Challenge 2012 - May 7, 2012.
The RecSysChallenge 2012 features 2 tracks: the Benchmarking Track on Context-Aware Movie Recommendation, and the Exploratory Track on Scientific Paper Recommendation. Submissions due 8 June 2012.
- The GitHub Data Challenge - May 6, 2012.
The GitHub public timeline is now easy to query and analyze. With hundreds of thousands of events in the timeline every day, there are many stories to tell and visualize. Submith your graph and description by May 21.