- Massachusetts, MIT and Intel Big Data Initiatives - May 31, 2012.
It includes creation of a Big Data Consortium and; Mass High Performance Computing Center designated a public-private resource for Big Data; A Big Data internship program, Support for Hack/Reduce community "hackspace", and more.
- Sprint and Agnik Team on Advanced Data Mining for Enhanced Vehicle Performance Applications - May 30, 2012.
M2M technology and cutting-edge software help people recognize driving patterns and take better care of vehicles to improve efficiency and safety
- Polygraph launches Facebook Data Mining, Analytics - May 28, 2012.
Polygraph tool analyzes major Facebook marketing scenarios and can identify the top 1000 fans with highest online influence.
- In social data, a fight between science and privacy - May 26, 2012.
There is a fight brewing between academics and industry over the use of your Facebook activity or search history.
- IIA/Talent Analytics Research Study to understand Analytics Professionals - May 25, 2012.
The Int. Institute of Analytics and Talent Analytics are co-sponsoring a Research Study to understand traits of Analytics Professionals. Participants will be invited to an exclusive launch of the study results.
- Precog launches easy big-data service, gets $2M funding - May 24, 2012.
Precog has launched a simple, drop-in app developers can use to collect and analyze vast amounts of data for product features like recommendations, reporting, predictions, and real-time decision-making.
- GigaSpaces XAP 9.0 enables your own real-time Big Data analytics platform - May 24, 2012.
Out-of-the-Box blueprints for Twitter- and Facebook-like analytics systems available for download
- Angoss KnowledgeSEEKER® and KnowledgeSTUDIO® Version 8.0 New Features - May 18, 2012.
New features include Text Analytics - Integration with Lexalytics, in-memory analytics using 64-bit addressing, in-DB module integrated with Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server, Netezza, and more.
- Lavastorm Analytics Free Software Edition - May 17, 2012.
Lavastorm Desktop Public Edition brings the proven power of the Lavastorm Analytics Engine to the mass market
- Relevant Data names Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro to Scientific Advisory Board - May 16, 2012.
Relevant Data names predictive analytics expert Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro, Ph.D., senior technology strategist to Scientific Advisory Board. Relevant Data proprietary search and analytics platform monitors big data streams in real-time.
- Yahoo Genome Platform, a Big Data online advertising solution - May 15, 2012.
Yahoo! Genome Platform as nothing to do with genomics and everything with advertising - it combines Yahoo! data with interclick third party data and advertisers first party data.
- SAS High-Performance Analytics pulls valuable insight from text, big data - May 9, 2012.
SAS will add high-performance text mining to its in-memory analytics software in Q3 of 2012; partnership with Capgemini for fraud detection; success story with one of the largest bank-led credit data consortium.
- Rapid Insight Launches Predictive Healthcare Analytics Solution - May 9, 2012.
Software solution enables healthcare organizations to reduce hospital readmissions through predictive modeling.
- Accel Partners Big Data Conference, May 9 - May 8, 2012.
Accel Partners, the VC firm that is one of the backers of Facebook, is holding a big data conference at Stanford University.
- SlashBI: Slashdot site for Business Intelligence, Analytics - May 5, 2012.
SlashBI will offer IT pros access to the latest information about business intelligence applications and analytics.