- Cirro Launches Company to Bring Big Data to the Desktop - Jun 26, 2012.
Using a revolutionary federated query engine, Cirro enables users to create mash up style analytics with big data and traditional data sources.
- Could Data Science Reduce Resume Overload? - Jun 20, 2012.
The startup analyzed millions resumes and job descriptions, and used HR recruiters evaluations of the candidates and jobs to develop an algorithm that predicts compatibility and more.
- Rhapsody Selects KXEN to Boost Member Engagement - Jun 15, 2012.
Company selects KXEN InfiniteInsight(tm) to build targeted messages for its more than one million paying subscribers
- With Hadoop, Big Data Analytics Challenges Old-School Business Intelligence - Jun 14, 2012.
Is batch-oriented ETL data integration, relational DW, and old-school analytics too slow, rigid, and expensive to keep up in the big-data era ?
- Big Data Analytics Startup Datameer Brings Hadoop To The Desktop - Jun 12, 2012.
New Datameer software: a personal edition, which can run on the desktop, and a workgroup edition, which can run on a single server.
- Asia Looking to Leapfrog in Big Data - Jun 11, 2012.
Asian organizations lag behind the US and Europe in data warehousing, BI, and analytics investments, but that will change.
- Six Tools Put New Twist on Business Intelligence - Jun 8, 2012.
6 BI tools - seen at Gartner recent BI Summit - provide interesting new twists on traditional business intelligence approaches
- Bime launches easy-to-use front-end for Google BigQuery - Jun 7, 2012.
Bime 4.0 browser-based data mining and data visualization tool promises to make diving into enormous databases as pleasant as taking a swim in a cool city pool.
- Angoss Software and Lexalytics Form Partnership - Jun 3, 2012.
The new capabilities are in Angoss Text Analytics for KnowledgeSTUDIO(R) powered by Salience, Lexalytics text and sentiment analysis engine.
- Data hoarding and bias among big challenges in big data and analytics - Jun 3, 2012.
Human tendencies to hoard data and to hold on to preconceived beliefs even when the data screams otherwise are among the big challenges identified at a recent MIT Sloan CIO Symposium. Also, forget about best practices and focus on next practices.