OBJECTIVES: Learning experience working on a competitive data mining project, like others at www.Kaggle.com Focus on big data and optimizing a business metric (depending on the problem). We will organize Saturday morning times for review and collaboration.
- Big data (i.e. Hadoop Sized)
- Portable Computer sized data (a sample of the big data, or another)
- Optionally, Data Description or Data Visualization (judged subjectively)
- Let us help solve a problem you care about. Can a "success metric" be provided?
- Data that can be shared publicly, i.e. AWS.amazon.com/publicdatasets/
- Let us know your requirements, constraints, concerns.
- Would you consider sponsoring the competition prizes? We could provide the same benefits to Hackathon sponsors as Data Mining Camp sponsors.
- Contact Greg_Makowski@yahoo.com