- Do you have a method for forecasting current events? Team DAGGRE wants you - Jul 31, 2012.
Do you have a method for forecasting or statistical inference which can be applied to current political, economic, health and technology events? Join Team DAGGRE.
- CrowdAnalytix Competition: Churn Prediction in Telecom - Jul 18, 2012.
This contest is about reducing customer churn (attrition) using analytics. Submission deadline: July 30
- DARPA Innovation House Study: Mine Visual and Geospatial Big Data - Jul 16, 2012.
DARPA Innovation House Study will provide a focused residential research environment and funding for up to 8 teams, to design and demonstrate novel research approach to extracting meaningful content from large volumes of varied visual and geospatial media. Apply by July 31.
- Nokia Mobile Data Challenge 2012: your friends determine where you are going - Jul 15, 2012.
Nokia Research Center Lausanne collected data from smartphones of almost 200 participants over 1+ year and released it for the research community. One striking result is that your friends info is remarkably accurate in determining where you will be in 24 hours.
- SFBayACM Data Mining Hackathon - seeking Big Data - Jul 10, 2012.
SFBayACM seeks Hadoop-size big data for a Data Mining Hackathon - let us help solve a problem you care about
- ICDM-2012 competition: Consumer Product Mention Recognition and Linking - Jul 6, 2012.
The goal of this year IEEE ICDM conference competition is to determine the state-of-the-art methods to automatically recognize all mentions of consumer products in a collection of largely user generated web-content
- UCR Insect Classification Contest - Jul 3, 2012.
This contest is to create a similarity measure for insect flight sounds, or to classify insects by their sound. Music similarity methods may work.