- BigData Choice: Which database to use? - Aug 21, 2012.
In the era of big data, RDBMS is no longer the only choice. Here is a guide for what type of DB to choose, including Key-value pair, Column family/big table, Document, and Graph databases.
- Apache Drill clones Google Dremel Real Time Big Data Tool - Aug 21, 2012.
Apache Drill projects wants to build an open source version of Google Dremel, which allows real-time querying of Big Data, and is suitable for processing streaming data. This will be a big step beyond Hadoop, which was designed for batch processing.
- Google Dremel makes Big Data interactive, goes way beyond Hadoop - Aug 16, 2012.
Google Dremel is a scalable, interactive ad-hoc query system for Big Data which greatly exceeds Hadoop capabilities. By combining multi-level execution trees and columnar data layout, it can aggregate trillion-row tables in seconds. You can use Dremel today.
- Lavastorm: Analytics just got easier - Aug 14, 2012.
Make your job easier and download your free copy of Lavastorm Desktop Public, a self-service analytic tool for any analyst.
- Interesting Open-Source Projects in Machine Learning, Data Mining, Data Science - Aug 13, 2012.
Including Apache Mahout machine learning library, mloss: machine learning open-source software catalog, Natural Language Toolkit for Python (NLTK), GraphLab, and more.
- Sceo: a web app conversion of Weka - Aug 9, 2012.
Sceo is a conversion of the Weka Data Mining application and libraries, providing all the functionality of the desktop version in the form of a Web Application.
- Precog Unveils Labcoat, a New Interactive Tool for Understanding Data - Aug 7, 2012.
Labcoat empowers data analysts, data scientists, and developers to integrate, analyze, and visualize large amounts of data.