- The Economist-Nielsen Data Visualization Challenge - Sep 29, 2012.
Review Nielsen global data on consumer behavior, generate insightful conclusions with broad implications, and present a compelling visual presentation of the most interesting ideas.
- CrowdAnalytix contest: Predicting loan group category for peer-2-peer lending - Sep 27, 2012.
The goal of this contest is to predict the group categories of successful listings into loans and analyzing features and social grouping which makes a loan successful
- Kaggle competition: Follow the Campaign Money: Investigative Reporting - Sep 17, 2012.
Find hidden patterns, connections, and ultimately compelling stories in a treasure trove of data about US federal campaign contributions
- Innocentive: Algorithm for Matching Latent Fingerprints - Sep 13, 2012.
Given images of latent fingerprints, identify the closest matching fingerprint in a reference collection of fingerprints, across a wide range of image quality. $100K prize, deadline Nov 27.
- Innocentive ALS Prediction Prize4Life Challenge - Sep 13, 2012.
Predict the progression of disease in ALS patients based on the patient's current disease status and clinical metadata. Deadline: Oct 15