Data Mining / Analytic Courses, Events News, Sep 2012
- Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit, Chicago, Nov 15-16 - Sep 28, 2012.
Our partners at Innovation Enterprise are organizing Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit in Chicago, to bring together the industry forward-thinking analytics professionals.
- WCAI Research Opportunity Leveraging SmartMeter Data - Sep 26, 2012.
SmartMeter PG&E platform can be used to engage customers, reduce energy consumption, and offer customers appealing alternative pricing schemes. The data will include energy usage for 30,000 residential customers across Northern California over 36 months.
- PAW: Predictive Analytics World Sep 30 - Oct 4, Boston Who is attending - Sep 21, 2012.
Join us and network with predictive analytics experts and thought leaders who come to PAW to share their latest techniques and insight. PAW's comprehensive agenda provides case studies from fortune 1000 companies and in-depth workshops from top experts.
- PACE Data Mining Boot Camp, San Diego, Oct 16-17 - Sep 18, 2012.
During the two-day PACE Data Mining Boot Camp participants will receive the basic training to learn effective predictive analytic strategies and have access to SDSC Gordon, a top supercomputer with 300 TB flash memory. Register today - seating is limited!
- Leading Social Data and Analytics Firms at the Sentiment Analysis Symposium, Oct 30, San Francisco - Sep 13, 2012.
Sentiment Analysis Symposium bridges technology and business in one of the most exciting applications: discovering business value in opinions and attitudes in social media, news, and enterprise feedback. Among sponsorsrancisco Sentiment Analysis Symposium (Oct 30) include four Twitter Certified Program Partners
- Frequently Asked Questions About PAW Boston - Sep 13, 2012.
You asked for it, you got it. All the FAQs regarding Predictive Analytics World (PAW) Boston (Sep 30 - Oct 4) conference agenda, answered by the founding chair, Eric Siegel.
- Webinar: Data Mining: Failure to Launch [Sep 18] - Sep 13, 2012.
Learn how to get started with predictive modeling and overcome strategic and tactical limitations that cause data mining projects to fall short of their potential.
- Carpe Datum Rx Webinar, Oct 4 - Sep 13, 2012.
Big data is reaping big results for email marketers. Learn how B2C companies are better targeting consumers and significantly increasing conversion rates using analytics-based targeting.
- Online Courses in Data Mining from statistics.com - Sep 13, 2012.
Upcoming online courses in Data Mining, Predictive Modeling and Forecasting, Segmentation/Clustering, and Recommender Systems from statistics.com
- Webinar: CCR - new method for analyzing data with many correlated predictors - Sep 11, 2012.
Webinar: Correlated Component Regression (CCR): A New Method for Analyzing Big Data or Small Data Containing Many Correlated Predictors, Sep 27. Sponsored by the American Statistical Association, this 2 hour webinar illustrates regression with more predictors than cases on several examples. Register by Sep 25.
- Stanford: Data Mining and Statistics Courses Online - Sep 11, 2012.
Put your career on the fast track with Stanford graduate courses and certificates in Big Data Mining, Financial Risk Analysis, and Quantitative Methods in Finance
- On-Demand Webcast - Analytically Speaking with Kaiser Fung - Sep 10, 2012.
Fung talks about the importance of statistical literacy, particularly when it comes to data and graphics in mass media and communicating about data in a business setting.
- Short course: Ten Hot Ideas for Learning from Data (SLDM 3), Sep 18-19, New York, NY - Sep 8, 2012.
This two-day course from Stanford Professors Hastie and Robert Tibshirani gives a detailed overview of statistical models for data mining, inference and prediction, emphasizing the tools useful for tackling modern-day data analysis problems.