Data Mining / Analytic News, Sep 2012
- Top news for Sep 23-29: What will replace Big Data and when? A few useful things about Machine Learning - Sep 30, 2012.
Poll Results: What will replace Big Data and when? A few useful things to know about Machine Learning; Journeys to Data Mining
Top jobs: Data Scientist in Alexandria, VA; Professors in Analytics at NTU, Singapore
- Poll Results: What will replace Big Data and when? - Sep 24, 2012.
Smart Data and Big Analytics were leading candidates to replace Big Data, and slightly over half the respondents thought that Big Data will go out of fashion by 2014.
- Top news for Sep 16-22: Journeys to Data Mining by Leading Researchers; Top Visualization Tools; Pace Data Mining Camp - Sep 23, 2012.
Book: Journeys to Data Mining - Experiences from Top Researchers; Top Visualization Tools, from maps to charts to infographics; PACE Data Mining Boot Camp, San Diego, Oct 16-17
Top jobs: Faculty, IR, NLP, Data Sciences, Viz at U. Texas iSchool; Data Scientist - Big Data - Hadoop at QuickenLoans
- Book: Journeys to Data Mining - Experiences from 15 Renowned Researchers - Sep 20, 2012.
The fifteen contributors to book are among the leading data mining scientists and professionals. They wrote about their journeys, including their motivation, the research milestones, notable successes and failures, advise for young researchers, predictions for the future, and much more.
- Top news for Sep 9-15: What will replace Big Data? Data Mining for the Masses - Sep 16, 2012.
New Poll: What will replace Big Data?; New Book: Data Mining for the Masses; Challenge: Matching Fingerprints
Top jobs: Data Scientist at Resonate; PhD pos. in ML/Data Mining/IR at TU Darmstadt
- New Poll: What will replace Big Data? - Sep 13, 2012.
All technology terms have their lifetime. Big Data is very hot in 2012, but will also be replaced by a newer term which will better capture the power of huge wave of data. What will replace it and when? Please vote on www.kdnuggets.com
- Poll Results: Education Level - Sep 12, 2012.
KDnuggets readers are very well educated, with 35% having a PhD and 81% having MS or another graduate degree. Asian and European readers have slightly higher education levels.
- Top news for Sep 2-8: Exclusive Scott Nicholson interview; Stanford Online courses - Sep 9, 2012.
Top news for Aug 26 - Sep 1: Exclusive Scott Nicholson interview; Stanford Online courses; Short course: 10 Hot Ideas for Learning from Data
Top jobs: Sr. Data Scientist at Snap-Interactive; Senior Data Engineer at Snap Interactive
- Top news for Aug 26 - Sep 1: Exclusive Scott Nicholson interview; Stanford Online courses - Sep 3, 2012.
Exclusive: Scott Nicholson Interview: Data Science, Economics, LinkedIn, and Healthcare; Stanford: Data Mining, Statistics Online;
Top jobs: Data Scientist at Accretive Health; Sr Data Scientist at Netflix.
- Top news, jobs in August: Top languages for analytics; Interesting Open-Source Projects; Big Data Cartoon - Sep 1, 2012.
Poll results: Top languages for analytics/data mining programming; Interesting Open-Source projects in ML/Data Mining; Big Data Cartoon: what do to with 100K Warehouses?;
Top jobs: Data Mining Engineer at Intel; Algorithms Scientist at Guardian Analytics
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory in Aug - Sep 1, 2012.
New companies, datasets, education, meetings, software, solutions