Data Mining / Analytic Competitions News, Oct 2012
- Swing State Election Prediction Challenge ( comments) - Oct 31, 2012.
Predict percentage of the vote that goes to Barack Obama v. Mitt Romney (excluding other candidates) for national vote and key swing states.
- SBP 2013 Data Challenge: Mobile phones - Oct 31, 2012.
Use MIT Human Dynamics/Media Lab mobile phone data sets on "Reality Commons", to propose and submit applications that show scientific and business values of these data.
- Response Modeling for New Product Promotion Targeting - Oct 30, 2012.
The goal of this contest is develop a model to predict customers likelihood to respond to a new product based on their usage of existing product and present a report.
- Facebook Recruiting Competition, Round 2: Mapping the Internet - Oct 29, 2012.
The Task: given a path which was optimal from node A to B. The question is then to make a probalistic prediction, for each of the 5 test graphs, whether the given path is STILL optimal.
- BioNLP Shared Task 2013 - Text Mining for Biology - Oct 29, 2012.
BioNLP-ST 2013 broadens the scope of the text-mining application domains in biology by introducing new issues on cancer genetics and pathway curation. It also builds on the well-known previous datasets to propose more realistic tasks.
- Data Consulting with Kaggle and Greenplum Chorus platform - Oct 26, 2012.
EMC Greenplum Chorus Data Science platform unites worlds of social and Big Data Analytics, Opens Access to 55,000 Kaggle Data Scientists, Released As Open Source License
- Crowdanalytix Competition: Reverse Engineering based on Mobile Usage Survey Data - Oct 25, 2012.
The ideation problem is around survey responses by customers on usage of mobile phone in India. Results of this ideation contest will be used to design 3 data mining competitions that will follow. Deadline: Oct 28
- Ideation Challenge: Crowd Support for Arms Control - Oct 20, 2012.
Creative ideas to use commonly available devices to help confirm compliance with treaties or international arrangements addressing weapons and nonproliferation.
- NASA, NSF, DOE Launch Big Data Challenge - Oct 11, 2012.
The competition will be run by the NASA Tournament Lab, a collaboration between NASA, Harvard University and TopCoder, a competitive community of digital creators. Register through Oct 13 for the first Ideation Challenge phase.
- Kaggle Beginner Competition: Predicting Titanic Survival using Machine Learning - Oct 2, 2012.
Complete the analysis of who was likely to survive, using the tools of machine learning. Such competition are great starting place for people who don't have a lot of experience in data science and machine learning