Statistics 2013: The Year of Statistics update
The Statistics2013.org is filled with information to educate the public about how statistics improves their lives, the work of statisticians as well as careers in statistical science. Join KDnuggets and other International Year of Statistics participating organizations and make use of these resources.
The website is filled with information to educate the public about how statistics improves their lives, the work of statisticians as well as careers in statistical science. As such, we invite and encourage all International Year of Statistics participating organizations to make use of these resources.
If you have not visited the site yet, take the time soon to peruse its public-oriented informational content, including these helpful resource areas:
- What is Statistics? - An explanation in layman's language
- Stats2013AtSchool - A statistics quiz for school students
- Statistics2013 Video - The informative two-and-a-half-minute video: Why Statistics is Important to You (see below)
- Statistics as a Career - Information about the work of statisticians and careers in statistics
- Teacher Resources - Primary and secondary school resources, a downloadable flyer and posters
There also is a section dedicated to participating organizations, titled "Statistics2013 Global Supporters", where you can access all the information, roster of participating organizations, comprehensive list of activities, and the official Statistics2013 logos in various languages.
GregoryPS: I think that the almost same words used for Statistics can be used to explain the benefits of Analytics/Data Mining/Data Science.