KDD-2013 NodeXL Twitter Social Network, updated
Here is an updated version of NodeXL Twitter Social network for KDD-2013, a premier conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining. We examine the top nodes, topics, and clusters.
By Gregory Piatetsky, Aug 14, 2013.
Here is an updated version a Twitter Social network for KDD-2013 Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, the leading conference in the field, which was held on Aug 11-14, 2013 in Chicago, IL.
The network is based on about 500 tweets containing kdd2013 or kdd13 from Aug 8 to 14, 2013 and was created by Marc Smith, @marc_smith, Sociologist of computer-mediated collective action at Connected Action and Director of Social Media Research Foundation using NodeXL, a free, open-source template for Microsoft Excel.
Check the full-size and interactive versions at bit.ly/17NBYsQ.
Top 10 twitter nodes, Ranked by Betweenness Centrality by NodeXL:
- @kdnuggets, Gregory Piatetsky, Editor of KDnuggets, SIGKDD Chair 2005-9, co-founder of KDD Conferences
- @xamat, Xavier Amatriain, Netflix director (gave a popular talk at KDD-2013)
- @kdd, KDD main twitter account
- @kdd_news, KDD News
- @venusatuluri, Venu Satuluri, Twitter Engineer
- @dirkvandenpoel, Dirk Van den Poel, Professor of Marketing Analytics, Ghent U.
- @francescobonchi, Francesco Bonchi, Sr. Research Scientist, Yahoo! Research Barcelona, presented KDD-13 paper
- @zementis, Zementis (Michael Zeller is CEO of Zementis, one of organizers of PMML workshop and newly elected SIGKDD Treasurer
- @usamaf, Usama Fayyad, Data Scientist, Entrepreneur, Tech/Online Investor, SIGKDD Chair 2009-13, co-founder of KDD conferences.
- @jeremyphoward, Jeremy Howard, CTO of Kaggle
Top URLs in the graph
- kdd13pmml.wordpress.com/workshop_agenda_and_papers/, PMML Workshop agenda
- https://nodexlgraphgallery.org/Pages/Graph.aspx?graphID=6659, an earlier version of KDD-2013 Twitter graph created by Marc Smith on Aug 12
- pages.cs.wisc.edu/~swright/wright-kdd-2013.pdf, Slides for Stephen Wright Keynote Talk on Optimization in Learning and Data Analysis
- bigdata-mining.org/keynotes/#amatriain, Xavier Amatriain, Director of Personalization Science and Engineering, Netflix, keynote talk at BigMine-13 workshop at KDD-2013, on Big & Personal: the data and the models behind Netflix recommendations
- kdd2013.sched.org/mobile, KDD-2013 Schedule, mobile version
- www.kdd.org/kdd2013/, KDD-2013 homepage
- confer.csail.mit.edu/, Personal Scheduler (used for KDD-2013 Conference)
- kdd13pmml.wordpress.com/, KDD-2013 PMML Workshop
- www.kdd.org/kdd2013/industry-practice-expo#IPE5-2, KDD Session IPE Session 5, Death of the expert? The rise of algorithms and decline of domain experts, with Claudia Perlich (Media6Degrees), John Akred (Silicon Valley Data Science), Robert Munro (Idibon), and Chris Neumann (DataHero), moderated by Gregory Piatetsky (KDnuggets)
- arxiv.org/pdf/1304.1548.pdf, Subgraph Frequencies: Mapping the Empirical and Extremal Geography of Large Graph Collections, by J. Ugander, L. Backstrom, and J, Kleinberg, in WWW-13 conference, (mentioned by 2013 KDD Innovation Award winner Jon Kleinberg in his Innovation talk)
Cluster G1 Top Words: kdd2013 rt kdnuggets data andrewyng kaggle coursera co-founder jeremyphoward
Cluster G2 Top Words: kdd2013 rt kdd_news data usamaf paper yahoolabs best award chicago
Cluster G3 Top Words: kdd2013 rt kdd_news bigdata data pmml dirkvandenpoel datamining zementis workshop
Cluster G4 Top Words: kdd2013 rt xamat slides talk keynote people via sam_shah venusatuluri
Cluster G5 Top Words: kdd2013 chicago rt kdd13 matrix lounge see attend _secretstache_ microsoft
Cluster G6 Top Words: kdd2013 rt data topic great bilgicm papers today workshop kdnuggets
Cluster G7 Top Words: kdd2013 30 rt datascifellows fellows dssg data 5 come meet
See much more detail at https://nodexlgraphgallery.org/Pages/Graph.aspx?graphID=6729