KDnuggets™ News 16:n16, May 4: How to Remove Duplicates from Large Data; Datasets over Algorithms; When Automation goes too far
How to Remove Duplicates in Large Datasets; The Development of Classification as a Learning Machine; Datasets Over Algorithms; Cartoon: When Automation Goes Too Far, and more.
Features | Software | Tutorials | Opinions | News | Webcasts | Courses | Meetings | Jobs | Academic | Tweets | Quote
- How to Remove Duplicates in Large Datasets
- The Development of Classification as a Learning Machine
- Datasets Over Algorithms
- Cartoon: When Automation Goes Too Far
- Dealing with Unbalanced Classes, SVMs, Random Forests, and Decision Trees in Python
- Positioning a Machine Learning Company
Tutorials, Overviews, How-Tos
- How to Network and Build a Personal Brand in Data Science
- How to Use Cohort Analysis to Improve Customer Retention
- Building effective "Citizens Data Scientist" teams
- Eugenics - journey to the dark side at the dawn of statistics
- Three Pitfalls to Avoid When Building Data Science Into Your Business
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, April: New Google Machine Learning Videos, Deep Learning Book, TensorFlow Playground
- Top stories, Apr 24-30: How to Remove Duplicates in Large Datasets; The "Thinking" Part of "Thinking Like A Data Scientist"
- World Bank Opens a Treasure Trove of Data
- Survey: Why Companies Still Fail to Get Full Value From Big Data
- Data Scientist Survey: What Is An Interesting Result?
Webcasts and Webinars
- Webinar: High Performance Hadoop With Python, May 5th
- Webinar: Predictive Analytics: Failure to Launch [May 10]
- Learn to apply data and predictive analytics to meet business objectives
- Machine Learning for Artists - Video lectures and notes
- Top Data Science Courses on Udemy
- 90+ upcoming May - December Meetings in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science
- Chief Data & Analytics Officer Forum, Singapore, 27-28 July, 2016
- Attend In-Memory Computing Summit, May 23-24, San Francisco
- The Future of Your Data Strategy: Chief Data Officer Summit, San Francisco, May 26-27
- University of Cincinnati Analytics Summit, May 20, 2016
- Scotiabank (Toronto): Data Scientist
- UnitedHealth Group/OptumLabs: Vice President of Optum Data Science Program.
- Catenus: Data Science Apprenticeship Program
- UnitedHealth Group/OptumLabs: Senior Data Scientist.
- Etihad Airways (UAE): Consumer Analytics/Marketing Planning Manager
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 12-26: The Race For AI: Google, Facebook, Amazon, Apple; Comprehensive Guide to Learning #Python
"Perhaps the most important news of our day is that datasets - not algorithms - might be the key limiting factor to development of human-level artificial intelligence" - Alexander Wissner-Gross in Datasets Over Algorithms