Development of systems and algorithms for knowledge discovery from texts and data, text mining and link analysis with emphasis on environmental science, and related areas.
At: U. of Nova Gorica
The position is open within project Strengthening University of Nova Gorica Research
Potential in Environmental Sciences and Novel Nanomaterials (SUNGREEN) cofinanced
under Framework Programme 7 (Call: FP7-REGPOT-2011-1) with duration until 30.9.2014.
The researcher will work in the Centre for Systems and Information Technologies at the
University of Nova Gorica. Conversion to a tenure track position is possible.
Fields of work and research:
For more information on currently running research activities within the University of Nova
- Development of systems and algorithms for knowledge discovery from texts and data,
- Text mining and link analysis with emphasis on environmental science and novel
materials research areas,
- Analysis and interpretation of data from contemporary data sources and support to the
knowledge discovery processes.
The application should include:
- A PhD in Computer Science, Information Science or equivalent degree,
- Qualified to at least Associate Professor,
- At least two years experience from the fields related to the job description,
- Excellent publication record from the fields related to the job description,
- Demonstrated ability to perform independent work in a group-oriented research
- Very good oral and written communication skills
- cover letter,
- CV including contact details,
- list of relevant publications,
- two letters of recommendations,
- it would be advantageous for the candidate to submit a tentative plan of research
activities (max. 2 pages).
The deadline for the receipt of applications is September 20, 2012. The applications should
be sent to the following address:
Univerza v Novi Gorici, Vipavska cesta 13,
SI 5000 Nova Gorica, Slovenia
or by e-mail: email@example.com