2013 Analytics and Data Mining CompetitionsJul | Jun | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan
2012 Analytics and Data Mining CompetitionsDec | Nov | Oct | Sep | Aug | Jul | Jun | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan
2011 Analytics and Data Mining CompetitionsDec | Nov | Oct | Sep | Aug | Jul | Jun | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan
2010 Analytics and Data Mining Competitions
Second Pascal Challenge on Large Scale Hierarchical Text classification,
Start: Jan 15, 2011 ; End of testing: March 31, 2011
ISMIS 2011 Contest: Music Information Retrieval.
Start: Jan 10, 2011; End: Mar 21, 2011.
- Seventh Annual UCSD Data Mining Contest, with two classification tasks based on data from an e-commerce website.
- INFORMS 2010 Data Mining Contest, develop a model that predicts stock price movements at five minute intervals.
IEEE ICDM 2010 Contest,
The task is to predict city traffic based on measurements from Automatic Traffic Recorders or real-time notifications from in-car GPS navigators. Best solutions will be awarded with prizes worth 5,000 USD in total.
KDD Cup 2010, Educational Data Mining.
predict student performance on mathematical problems from logs of student interaction with Intelligent Tutoring Systems.
- IEEE VAST 2010 Challenge, (Visual Analytics Science and Technology). Three mini challenges on 1) text documents; 2) medical record data and death records; 3) genetic sequences.
- ECML PKDD 2010 Discovery Challenge, on Web Content Quality.
- Active Learning Challenge 2010, addresses machine learning problems in which labeling data is expensive, but large amounts of unlabeled data are available at low cost. Prizes: 3200 USD and travel awards, workshops, proceedings, lots of fun!
2009 Analytics Data Mining Competitions
- 2009/10 Time Series Forecasting Grand Competition for Computational Intelligence, Forecast one, two or more datasets of a selection of 6 datasets (each containing 11 time series) on transportation data as accurately as possible, using methods from computational intelligence and applying a consistent methodology.
- OMOP Cup, sponsored by Observational Medical Outcomes Partnership. Goal is to develop methods that correctly identify true drug-event associations while minimizing false positive findings.
- 2009 INFORMS Data Mining Contest, focusing on predictive problems for health care quality.
- Large Scale Hierarchical Text classification (LSHTC).
- KDD Cup 2009, sponsored by Orange, fast scoring on large database to predict customer behaviour.
PAKDD 2009 Data Mining Competition.
Task: Credit Risk Assessment on a Private Label Credit Card Application