Online Education in Analytics, Big Data,
Data Mining, and Data Science
Stanford. Analyze. Visualize. Strategize. Online
| Online Analytics, Data Mining, and Data Science Degree Programs
See also Certificates | Courses
|Go beyond analytics
Earn your Master's degree online
Check Data Mining Course, developed by KDnuggets Editor Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro and Prof. Gary Parker, teaching modules for a complete one-semester introductory course on Data Mining, freely available thanks to a grant by W. M. Keck Foundation and Howard Hughes Medical Institute.
See a more complete list of Certificates in Analytics, Data Mining, and Data Science, many offered online or in blended format.
Online Analytics, Data Mining, and Data Science Certificates
See also Degrees | Courses
- ASU Applied Business Data Analytics Undergraduate Certificate
- Business Analytics Certificates from BeyeUniversity, sponsored by Sybase.
- Cloudera Certified Professional (CCP): Data Scientist
- Coursera JHU Data Science Specialization
- Oklahoma State University Online Graduate Data Mining Certificate Program.
- NJIT (New Jersey Institute of Technology) Graduate Certificate in Data Mining, provides an introduction to data mining with an emphasis on large-scale databases.
- Nova Southeastern University Graduate Certificate in Business Intelligence / Analytics, online or on-campus.
- Simplilearn Big Data and Analytics Training and certificates
- Stanford CPD Data Mining and Applications Graduate Certificate, 3 courses.
- Stanford CPD Mining Massive Data Sets Graduate Certificate, 4 Courses.
- Statistics.com Certificate Programs in Analytics and Statistical Studies (PASS)
- UCI: U. of California, Irvine Extension, Predictive Analytics Certificate Program, a comprehensive online program.
- University of Louisville Graduate Certificate in Data Mining, completed online in 12 months.
- UW (University of Washington) Certificate in Data Science, classroom or online format.
- U. of Wisconsin Milwaukee Online Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
- Villanova University CPBI (Certified Professional in Business Intelligence) certification, online.
Online Courses and resources in Analytics, Data Mining, and Data Science and related topics
See also Degrees | Certificates
- Big Data University, offering online classes on Hadoop and DB2.
- Booz Allen Hamilton "Explore Data Science", an online course, with 40 hours of interactive content, including 32 missions.
- Caltech Learning from Data, taught by Prof. Yaser Abu Mostafa, free, take at your own pace
- Class Central Data Science and Big Data courses from top universities like Stanford, MIT, and Harvard.
- CMU Open Learning Initiative, offers online courses to anyone who wants to learn or teach.
- CourseBuffet organizing MOOC courses on Big Data, Data Science, Statistics, and more.
- Coursera, the leader in online education
- DataCamp, interactive R tutorials and Data Science courses on R programming, data manipulation, visualization, and more.
- EMC Data Science and Big Data Analytics open course.
- Jigsaw Academy, analytics training including Analytics for MBA, and SAS.
- LearnAnalytics India, delivering SAS and Advanced Analytics trainings online and offline.
- Metis, offering online Data Science education, and on-site Data Science bootcamps and training.
- MIT OpenCourseWare : Data Mining, features XLMiner tools, designed by the instructor, Nitin Patel. Also many other relevant courses in MIT OpenCourseWare.
- OpenClassroom Machine Learning Course, by Andrew Ng.
- Oxford Machine Learning (and Deep Learning) course (slides, video, problems freely available), taught by Nando de Freitas in 2014-2015.
- Predictive Analytics Applied - An Online Introduction, 5.5 hour introductory online course from the founder of Predictive Analytics World.
- Springboard Intro to Data Science online workshops.
- Statistics.com, offering many on-line short courses in statistics, data mining, and data science.
- Statsoft Electronic Statistics Textbook, freely available.
- Syracuse Applied Data Science Open Online Course
- UC San Diego Data Mining Courses, part of Data Analysis study area.
- Udacity Data Science Courses, learn data science from industry experts at Facebook, Cloudera, MongoDB, Georgia Tech, and more.
- Udemy Data Science-related courses
- UH Data Mining Hypertextbook and Course, a new model for the data mining course, which includes a significant project on real-world data, and surveying the learning styles of students.
- Video lectures from conferences, workshops and the scientific lectures in the areas of machine learning, data and text mining, and semantic web.
- U. Waikato Online course: Data Mining with Weka, 5 week course
- Weka tutorials (Video), covering Classification, Prediction, Clustering, and Text Mining.
- Zipfian Academy Intro to Data Science Online Class Series, 6 online classes.