Online Education in Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning
| Online Analytics, Data Mining, and Data Science Degree Programs
See also Certificates | Courses
|Go beyond analytics
Earn your Master's degree online
- Georgia Southern University online MS in Computer Science, with a concentration in Data Mining and Data Warehousing.
- Harrisburg University Online MS in Analytics, the 12 course program is designed for working professionals who need to balance the demands of work, home, and study.
- Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT) Master of Data Science, available online starting Fall 2015.
- Indiana University MS in Data Science (Online, Residential, and Hybrid) and an Accredited Certificate in Data Science.
- ITB Ireland MSc in Business Intelligence and Data Mining, online, 2 year part-time.
- Lewis University online, 36 credit hour MS in Data Science, offers two concentrations: Data Science for Computer Scientists and Data Science for Life Scientists.
- Microsoft Professional Degree in Data Science.
- Northwestern University Online Master of Science in Predictive Analytics, prepares students to meet the growing demand for data-driven leadership and problem solving.
- Oklahoma State University (OSU) MS in Business Analytics, with 3 SAS certificate options.
- Ottawa University BS in Data Science and Technology.
- Oxford Undergraduate Advanced Diploma in Data and Systems Analysis, a 9-months course.
- Penn State Online Masters of Data Analytics and Masters of Data Analytics – Business Analytics Option.
- Rutgers Online Master of Information, help organizations and businesses secure, analyze, organize and leverage digital resources.
- Saint Mary's MS in Data Science, 36-credit mathematically rigorous program. Gain the mathematical and computational depth needed to refine the tools others simply use. Online and on-campus one weekend session each August.
- SJU: Saint Joseph's University Online MS Degree in Business Intelligence & Analytics, taught with participation of SJU School of Business; graduates also receive Business Intelligence Certificate from SAS.
- SMU MS in Data Science, in partnership with 2U, is designed to train and develop data scientists to manage, analyze, interpret, make decisions and present information from large data sets.
- SNHU Online BS in Data Analytics combines facets of business, information technology and mathematics with data mining, simulation and optimization.
- SNHU Online MS in Data Analytics, this 36-credits program prepares students to be a strategic asset to any enterprise.
- Texas A&M Master of Science in Analytics, a five-semester, part-time program for working professionals available online or on-campus in Houston, TX, USA.
- Thomas Edison State University (TESU) BS in Data Science Analytics in partnership with Statistics.com.
- UMUC: University of Maryland University College Online MS Degree in Data Analytics.
- University of Maryland Online Master of Business Administration (Specialization in Information Systems & Business Analytics), learn to manage and analyze data and design and implement information systems in as few as 21 months.
- U. Missouri MS in Data Science and Analytics, a 34-credit, online and mixed mode delivery, multidisciplinary program.
- U. of Wisconsin MS in Data Science, 12 courses taught by diverse and distinguished faculty.
- U. of Wisconsin-Madison online MS in Applied Computing and Engineering Data Analytics
- Villanova University Online Master of Science in Analytics, 33-credit hour program can be earned in as few as 20 months.
Check Data Mining Course, developed by KDnuggets Editor Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro and Prof. Gary Parker, teaching modules for a complete one-semester introductory course on Data Mining, freely available thanks to a grant by W. M. Keck Foundation and Howard Hughes Medical Institute.
See also a MastersInDataScience directory of online MS degrees in Business Analytics.
See a more complete list of Certificates in Analytics, Data Mining, and Data Science, many offered online or in blended format.
Online Analytics, Data Mining, and Data Science Certificates
See also Degrees | Courses
- ASU Applied Business Data Analytics Undergraduate Certificate
- Business Analytics Certificates from BeyeUniversity, sponsored by Sybase.
- Cloudera Certified Professional (CCP): Data Scientist
- Coursera JHU Data Science Specialization
- Oklahoma State University Online Graduate Data Mining Certificate Program.
- NJIT (New Jersey Institute of Technology) Graduate Certificate in Data Mining, provides an introduction to data mining with an emphasis on large-scale databases.
- Nova Southeastern University Graduate Certificate in Business Intelligence / Analytics, online or on-campus.
- Simplilearn Big Data and Analytics Training and certificates
- Stanford CPD Data Mining and Applications Graduate Certificate, 3 courses.
- Stanford CPD Mining Massive Data Sets Graduate Certificate, 4 Courses.
- Statistics.com Certificate Programs in Analytics and Statistical Studies (PASS)
- UCI: U. of California, Irvine Extension, Predictive Analytics Certificate Program, a comprehensive online program.
- University of Louisville Graduate Certificate in Data Mining, completed online in 12 months.
- UW (University of Washington) Certificate in Data Science, classroom or online format.
- U. of Wisconsin Milwaukee Online Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
- Villanova University CPBI (Certified Professional in Business Intelligence) certification, online.
Online Courses and resources in Analytics, Data Mining, and Data Science and related topics
See also Degrees | Certificates
- Big Data University, offering online classes on Hadoop and DB2.
- Booz Allen Hamilton "Explore Data Science", an online course, with 40 hours of interactive content, including 32 missions.
- Caltech Learning from Data, taught by Prof. Yaser Abu Mostafa, free, take at your own pace
- Class Central Data Science and Big Data courses from top universities like Stanford, MIT, and Harvard.
- CMU Open Learning Initiative, offers online courses to anyone who wants to learn or teach.
- CourseBuffet organizing MOOC courses on Big Data, Data Science, Statistics, and more.
- Coursera, the leader in online education
- DataCamp, interactive R tutorials and Data Science courses on R programming, data manipulation, visualization, and more.
- EMC Data Science and Big Data Analytics open course.
- Guru99, free video tutorials on Big Data, Web, SAP, and more.
- Jigsaw Academy, analytics training including Analytics for MBA, and SAS.
- LearnAnalytics India, delivering SAS and Advanced Analytics training online and offline.
- Metis, offering online Data Science education, and on-site Data Science bootcamps and training.
- MIT OpenCourseWare : Data Mining, features XLMiner tools, designed by the instructor, Nitin Patel. Also many other relevant courses in MIT OpenCourseWare.
- OpenClassroom Machine Learning Course, by Andrew Ng.
- Oxford Machine Learning (and Deep Learning) course (slides, video, problems freely available), taught by Nando de Freitas in 2014-2015.
- Predictive Analytics Applied - An Online Introduction, short introductory online course from Eric Siegel, the founder of Predictive Analytics World.
- Springboard Intro to Data Science online workshops.
- Statistics.com, offering many on-line short courses in statistics, data mining, and data science.
- Statsoft Electronic Statistics Textbook, freely available.
- Syracuse Applied Data Science Open Online Course
- UC San Diego Data Mining Courses, part of Data Analysis study area.
- Udacity Data Science Courses, learn data science from industry experts at Facebook, Cloudera, MongoDB, Georgia Tech, and more.
- Udemy Data Science-related courses
- UH Data Mining Hypertextbook and Course, a new model for the data mining course, which includes a significant project on real-world data, and surveying the learning styles of students.
- Video lectures from conferences, workshops and the scientific lectures in the areas of machine learning, data and text mining, and semantic web.
- U. Waikato Online course: Data Mining with Weka, 5 week course
- Weka tutorials (Video), covering Classification, Prediction, Clustering, and Text Mining.
- Zipfian Academy Intro to Data Science Online Class Series, 6 online classes.