Education in Data Mining, Analytics,
and Data Science in USA/Canada
US: Northeast | US: South | US: Midwest | US: West | Canada | More resources
- Central Connecticut State University (CCSU), exploring cutting-edge data mining techniques and Applications. New Britain, CT.
- U. Conn. MS in Business Analytics and Project Management, designed to meet the growing demand for professionals who can harness advanced business analytics and project management skills. Hartford, CT.
- Catholic U. of America MS in Business Analysis for Non-Business Majors, Washington, DC.
- GWU MS in Business Analytics, an intensive 10-month format designed for the full-time student or a part-time, two-year format designed for the working professional. Washington, DC.
- U. of Maryland MS in Business for Marketing Analytics, will help you learn how to harness and process massive amounts of data to help design products, predict the effects of marketing campaigns, and better understand your customers. Fall 2013. College Park, MD.
- Bentley Master of Science in Marketing Analytics, teaches students how to become more engaged with consumers, how to design and deliver robust statistical analysis, and how to effectively communicate the resulting insights. Waltham, MA.
- Brandeis MS in Strategic Analytics, online, part-time and flexible. Waltham, MA.
- Harvard Masters of Science in Computational Science and Engineering, including a major focus on machine learning and analyzing and visualizing very large data sets. Cambridge, MA.
- WPI program in Data Science, Worcester, MA.
- Saint Peter's University: MS in Data Science with a concentration in Business Analytics, Jersey City, NJ.
- Rutgers Master of Business and Science (MBS) in Analytics, prepares students for data-driven decision making; brings together fields of data management, statistics, machine learning and computation. New Brunswick, NJ.
- Stevens Institute of Technology Master of Science - Business Intelligence & Analytics, Hoboken, NJ.
- Columbia MS in Computer Science, concentration in Machine Learning, New York, NY.
- Columbia MS in Information and Knowledge Strategy, New York, NY.
- Cornell Master of Engineering, Data Analytics Concentration, on-campus, Ithaca, NY.
- CUNY SPS Online MS in Data Analytics: an affordable, accessible program designed to make sense of real-world phenomena and everyday activities by mining big data to uncover patterns, relationships, and trends.
- Fordham U. MS in Business Analytics, develops strategic thinking skills along with a solid technical foundation in data and model-driven management decision-making. New York, NY.
- NYU Master of Science in Business Analytics, New York, NY.
- NYU MBA with specialization in Business Analytics, New York, NY.
- NYU Center for Data Science, 2-year MS program.
- Pace U. MS in Customer Intelligence Analytics, New York, NY and Westchester, NY.
- RPI MS in Business Analytics, provides hands-on experience through real-world problem solving, with a capstone course. Troy, NY.
- Syracuse U. Certificate in Data Science, Syracuse, NY.
- University of Rochester Institute for Data Science, offers BS in Data Science, Professional MS in Computer Science, MA/MS in Medical Statistics and also related PhD programs. Rochester, NY.
- CMU Secondary MS in Machine Learning, designed to train students to become tomorrow's leaders in the rapidly growing area of data mining.
- CMU MISM Business Intelligence & Data Analytics (BIDA), developing an elite set of graduates cross-trained in business process analysis and skilled in predictive modeling, GIS mapping, analytical reporting, segmentation analysis, and data visualization.
- Drexel U. MS in Business Analytics, explores quantitative methods, uncovering relationships through data analysis, and the use of data to solve business problems. Philadelphia, PA.
- Saint Joseph's University MS in Business Intelligence, for business professionals. Philadelphia, PA.
- Northern Kentucky U. Bachelor of Science in Data Science, Highland Heights, KY.
- U. of Louisville Graduate Certificate in Data Mining, address the need for trained professionals in the interdisciplinary field of data mining. Louisville, KY.
- U. of Oklahoma MS in Engineering with an Emphasis in Data Science and Analytics, Norman, OK.
- Oklahoma State University offers 2 certificates in Business Analytics and Business Data Mining for training management or technical professionals in the field of analytics and data mining using SAS tools such as SAS EG, SAS EM and JMP. Offered online and on-campus. Stillwater, OK.
- Texas A&M U. part-time MS in Analytics, focus on predictive modeling with some business training, open to working professionals with strong quantitative skills. On-campus and via live video stream. Houston, TX.
- U. Texas Austin MS in Business Analytics, combines methods from Operations research, Statistics, Information systems, Machine learning and computer science. Austin, TX.
- UNT: U. of North Texas College of Business Information Technologies and Decision Sciences center, offering MBA in Decision Sciences, and MS, Information Technology & Decision Sciences. Denton, TX.
- George Mason U. BS Computational & Data Sciences, Fairfax, VA.
- George Mason U. MS Computational Science, Fairfax, VA.
- Virginia Commonwealth University MS in Business, Decision Analytics, provides students with knowledge of quantitative skills and experience in analyzing problems arising in a business environment. On-campus weeknight class meetings in Richmond, VA.
- University of Virginia MS in Data Science, an 11-month professional masters program, designed to meet the increasingly data-intensive needs of industry and government. Charlottesville, VA.
Other states: FL, LA, SC, NC, TN:
- College of Charleston Undergraduate Data Science program, a combination of statistics, mathematics, data base programming and machine learning. Charleston, SC.
- LSU Master of Science in Analytics, emphasizes the use of advanced data management tools and applied statistical and operations research techniques to analyze large real-world data sets to increase return on investment, improve customer retention, reduce fraud and improve decision making. Baton Rouge, LA.
- NCSU Master of Science in Analytics, designed to give students a thorough understanding of the tools, methods, applications and practice of advanced analytics. Raleigh, NC.
- U. of Central Florida (UCF) Master of Science in Statistical Computing, Data Mining, Orlando, FL.
- U. of Tennessee Master in Business Analytics, develop an understanding of business and the needed business skills, along with the analytic skills to solve business problems. Knoxville, TN.
- DePaul MS in Predictive Analytics, training in skills required for a career in predictive analytics, including the ability to analyze big data, build models, fundamentals of marketing and CRM, and effective communication skills. Chicago, IL.
- Elmhurst part-time MS in Data Science, online. Elmhurst College is in Chicago, IL.
- IIT Stuart School of Business MS in Marketing Analytics and Communication, prepares you to be a forward-thinking marketer, who can convert data into insights, transform information into communication, and translate marketing analytics into competitive advantage. Chicago, IL.
- Illinois Institute of Technology Master of Data Science, interdisciplinary program preparing well-rounded data scientists, with curriculum combining theory and practical skill, including problem formulation, data analytics, qualitative reasoning, business communication, and professional ethics. Chicago, IL.
- Northwestern U. Master of Science in Analytics, integrates data science, IT, and business applications into three areas of data analysis: predictive (forecasting), descriptive (BI/data mining) and prescriptive (optimization and simulation). Evanston, IL.
- Northwestern U. MS in Predictive Analytics, online program at School of Continuing Studies, Builds expertise in advanced analytics, data mining, database management, financial analysis, predictive modeling, quantitative reasoning and web analytics, as well as advanced communication and leadership.
- UIUC (U. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign) Data Sciences Summer Institute, Urbana-Champaign, IL.
- UIUC MS in Statistics, Analytics Concentration, combines the mathematical and statistical training of the traditional MS in Statistics with enhanced computational and data analytic training for those planning careers in information intensive industries or research. Urbana-Champaign, IL.
- University of Chicago Graham School MS in Analytics, part-time program will give students thorough knowledge of techniques in the field of analytics, and the ability to apply them to real-world scenarios in the business world.
- Notre Dame Professional MS in Predictive Analytics, trains students in the statistical and computational tools used in today's Big Data business environment. Notre Dame, IN.
- Indiana U. Kelley school of Business Business Analytics major, Bloomington, IN.
- Purdue MBA, Business Analytics, Lafayette, IN.
- U. of Iowa, Tippie college of Business BA in Business Analytics and Information Systems, Iowa City, IA.
- Michigan State University (MSU) MS in Business Analytics at the Broad College of Business, East Lansing, MI.
- U. of Michigan Dearborn MS in Business Analytics, designed for students who want to solve important business problems through the analysis of data and statistics. Dearborn, MI.
- University of Minnesota MS in Data Science, starting Fall 2015. Twin cities, MN.
- OSU BS in Data Analytics (undergraduate major), Columbus, OH. The program combines courses from Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science and students can elect to specialize in one of three tracks - Business Analytics, Health Analytics or Computational Analytics.
- U. of Cincinnati MS in Business Analytics, combining operations research and applied statistics, using applied mathematics and computer applications, in a business environment. Cincinnati, OH.
- ASU MS in Business Analytics, at W. P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State U., Tempe, AZ.
- Berkeley MS in Engineering, includes concentration in Data Science and Systems. Berkeley, CA.
- Chapman University MS in Computational and Data Sciences, Orange, CA.
- Chapman University Doctorate in Computational and Data Sciences, Orange, CA.
- Stanford Center for Professional Education, offers Data Mining and Applications certificate program for managers and professionals. Stanford, CA.
- Stanford MS In Computer Science, Specialization in Information Management and Analytics, covers the principles of modern database and information management systems and methods for mining massive data sets.
- University of Southern California Master of Science in Computer Science with a specialization in Data Science, provides students with a core background in Computer Science and specialized algorithmic, statistical, and systems expertise. Los Angeles, CA.
- USF BS in Data Science. The most successful students in this program will have the option to enroll in a 4+1 program with USF's own Masters in Analytics. San Francisco, CA.
- USF MS in Analytics, provides students with the skills necessary to develop techniques and processes for data-driven decision-making. San Francisco, CA.
Other Western States: CO, WA
- ASU MS in Business Analytics, Tempe, AZ.
- American Sentinel U. Master of Health Care Informatics Program, Aurora, CO.
- U. of Denver MS in Business Intelligence at Daniel's School of Business, Denver, CO.
- U. of Washington Certificate in Data Science, Seattle, WA and online.
- Databases, Data Mining, and Computational Biology at Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, BC.
- U. of of the Fraser Valley, Data Analysis Post-Degree Certificate, a one-year program which gives students the skills to manage real-world data, and the statistical techniques to analyze it, and present the information effectively to decision makers. East of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- U. of Ottawa Master in Electronic Business Technologies, focuses on the integration of information technologies with business processes and strategies within a dynamic legal and business environment. Ottawa, ON, Canada
- University of Toronto, offering Data Mining Graduate course and Data Mining in Engineering Group.
- York University Schulich School of Business MS in Business Analytics, focus on developing the quantitative and technical skills the industry demands, coupled with the communication skills and strategic mind set to transform data into a competitive asset. Toronto, ON, Canada.
More ResourcesSee also
- Gil Press list of Graduate Programs in Big Data Analytics and Data Science.
- Data Science 101 Colleges with Data Science Degrees
- Inst. for Advanced Analytics Survey of Graduate Degree Programs In Analytics
- Masters In Data Science, edited by Matt Gardner.