Location: San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a talented software engineer with a solid background in data mining, and knowledge of Internet commerce and social networks.
The Analytics Engineer will help create and enhance analytic capabilities that drive growth and minimize business risks for Eventbrite. Drawing on solid statistical and engineering skills, the Analytics Engineer builds, evaluates, and improves analytical and predictive solutions in the areas of fraud and spam prevention, customer value, sales, campaigns, and related initiatives.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Deliver workflow solutions and reports that enable risk operations, finance, sales, marketing, and other teams to conveniently act on analytic results and insights.
- Help identify high-value indicators that improve the accuracy of analytic solutions.
- Help build and enhance a practical and scalable analytic infrastructure that enables quick creation and improvement of analytic capabilities.
- Implement analytic models that process transactional and social network data.
- Set up risk queues that pinpoint high-risk transactions and entities.
- Build scoring models that prioritize sales opportunities and evaluate customer value.
- Extract relevant data from relational databases, social networks, and transactional logs.
- Organize information into an analytic data platform that supports convenient analysis and mining.
- Construct and analyze metrics that enable accurate prediction of business trends and events.
- Collaborate with engineering and business teams to quickly achieve measurable and impactful results.
- Reports to our Director of Risk Analytics.
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science, statistics, economics or comparable field.
- Solid knowledge of data mining, social network analysis, predictive analytics, fraud prevention, or related areas.
- Two years of experience developing software in SQL, Python, Weka, R, Excel or similar tools and languages.
Please apply via eventbrite.com/jobs