Company: ID Analytics
Location: San Diego, CA
The Principal Scientist will be part of a team responsible for the development of the company's advanced technologies particularly to do with statistical score modeling, score model development, score model deployment, large scale database analysis and statistical algorithms. This position will be responsible for devising new approaches to solving difficult statistical modeling problems. Assignments will include resolving problems or coordinating score model design architecture. Depending on the assignment, frequent client interaction may be necessary to complete the deliverables.
- Providing technical direction and guidance to internal teams regarding data discovery and planning.
- Analysis, design, development, test, troubleshooting and documentation of complex data systems that may involve one or more of the following: predictive score models, feature extraction, data-driven analysis, machine learning, decision making and related utilities.
- Completing written documentation and reports of results. This will take the form of business reports, internal technology white papers and statistical system documentation.
- Overseeing the design and development of other scientists and data analysts in the building, evaluation and deployment of models.
- Keep current with outside technical developments and inject new algorithms and techniques as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ph.D degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- Ability to provide leadership on complex statistical score modeling and analysis problems with extremely large and complex data structures. Ability to simultaneously work across multiple projects, providing technical leadership on problem design and analysis.
- Prior statistical score modeling and/or machine learning experience are desirable.
- Industry experience in developing scoring models from very large data sets is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with the use of Java for delivering high-speed, large scale data modeling solutions is also desirable.
- Experience and facility with SAS is also desirable.
Interested applicants should go to www.idanalytics.com/company/careers to apply for this position (Search Job Listings for "Principal Scientist").
ID Analytics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.