Data Mining Community's Top Resource
for Data Mining and Analytics Software, Jobs, Consulting, Courses, and more
Work on the cutting edge of big data (20bn impressions per month, 10s of thousands of attributes per impression) and modern algorithms (machine learning) to drive enormous value for a top 10 advertising network and leading technology platform provider.
Location: New York, NY
Collective seeks talented and motivated data scientists at multiple levels for it's New York location. Work on the cutting edge of 'big data' (20bn impressions per month, 10s of thousands of attributes per impression) and modern algorithms (machine learning) to drive enormous value for a top 10 advertising network and leading technology platform provider.
Develop innovative solutions using big data and advanced algorithms to challenging problems in the digital advertising arena. Must be able to develop working prototypes, prove that they add meaningful value, and ensure that they are implemented properly in a production environment.
- Masters or PhD in machine learning or statistics from a top applied research university
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Track record of successful implementations in a business environment of supervised learning algorithms
- Deep understanding and hands on experience with both machine learning techniques (SVMs, ensemble methods) and more 'traditional' techniques from statistics (GLMs, regularized methods)
- Experience analyzing internet scale datasets (billions of rows, thousands of columns)
- Expert level R programmer - data manipulation, model development & testing and visualization
- Scripting expertise in Ruby or Bash in a Linux environment
- Experience optimizing complex systems with multiple objectives
- Experience with MPP databases (e.g., Netezza, Aster, Greenplum) or Map Reduce
- Programming expertise in C++, Perl or Python
- Digital media or web retail experience
Please apply through
search for data scientist.
Copyright © 2011 KDnuggets. |
SUBSCRIBE to KDnuggets News email |