Location: San Jose, CA
Send resumes to : firstname.lastname@example.org, Internal Reference ID # 48595
eBay is a leading online Marketplace with a breadth of products available on the site. Our team is building some exciting next generation technology to profile eBay's inventory and to build Inventory Intelligence capabilities and services as part of the Analytics Platform group.
As a senior member of the team your primary responsibilities include:
- Designing and implementing a scalable, extensible, reliable distributed data processing and analytical infrastructure that spans multiple technologies, including Hadoop, Enterprise Data Warehouse, Machine Learning, Data Visualization and Services.
- Design an optimized inter-operable solution that will enable rapid development.
- Drive architecture discussions, and propose solutions to system and product changes.
- Working with other ETL and Data Mining Engineers / Architects, Managers, Product Managers, QA, and Operations teams to design and implement innovative solutions that meet the needs of the product requirements with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability and adherence to development goals and principles.
- Designing automated software deployment functionality for efficiently managing the application across the distributed platforms.
- Independently design, code, and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes. They will be expected to mentor and lead on engineering resources in the design and implementation of large scale modules and systems.
- The candidate's technical skills should include: a detailed understanding of data processing languages and tools (SQL, Map/Reduce, Ab Initio) in a parallel processing context.
- Experience with object-oriented technologies and modular design principles, and experience with a variety of programming languages, specifically Java, Python and C/C++.
- Experience in grid computing/large scale clusters (Hadoop ...).
- The candidate should have a deep background in all aspects of software engineering and the development lifecycle with strong skills in the areas of data processing platform design, application infrastructure design and development, and parallel architecture.
- Good understanding of algorithms, data structures, performance optimization techniques.
- Experience in dealing with large volume of structured and unstructured data.
- Experience with agile software development methodology (Scrum).
- A strong candidate must have experience and demonstrated aptitude in evaluating complex requirements, providing input on effective design, and working as part of a small, focused team to deliver high quality end-to-end applications, optimized for cost-efficiency.
- Must be able to identify opportunities for engineering productivity improvements or directions, and evangelizes these successfully.
- The candidate must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with fast paced environment.
- Proven problem-solving skills and track record of successful software delivery.