a critical thinker and analytical expert in supporting the eCommerce group, and a primary driver of the eCommerce strategy with respect to promotions, marketing, and operations.
Company: Sports Authority
Location: Denver, CO
Behind every retailer is a massive web of data, statistics, and measures just waiting to be analyzed and optimized. As the Analytics group behind Sports Authority's eCommerce store, we constantly monitor, analyze, and optimize streams of data about our site and the experiences of our customers, and strive to answer critical questions that affect the everyday experience of shoppers, as well as the financial success of our store. Sound interesting? The Manager of Customer & Site Analytics will serve as a critical thinker and analytical expert in supporting the operations of the eCommerce group at Sports Authority. The output of his/her analyses will be a primary driver of the eCommerce group's strategy with respect to promotions, marketing, and operations. The position reports the Director - Customer & Site Analytics.
- Provide structure to loosely defined business problems, and work independently to provide actionable insights to be used by the rest of the eCommerce team with respect to promotions, marketing, and operations.
- Work with Category Management and Digital Marketing team on ad-hoc analyses to guide site presentation, offer structuring, and marketing strategy.
- Assist in reporting & tracking for KPIs across the eCommerce group.
- Bachelors in business, statistics, mathematics, economics or related required; advanced degree in similar fields is highly recommended.
- Knowledge of retail analytical concepts required; experience in eCommerce retail recommended. Recommended 3+ years in retail analytical experience.
- Expertise in Excel is minimally required, experience with more advanced analytical software (VBA, R/SAS/statistical tools, etc) highly recommended.
- Experience in web analytics environments, particularly Omniture & related tools, is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with potentially large and fragmented datasets.
- Strong communication & presentation skills a must.
- Ability to compute / Knowledge of retail analytics
- Experience with CLM
- Ability to setup and design analyses based on business problems