Data Mining Community's Top Resource
for Data Mining and Analytics Software, Jobs, Consulting, Courses, and more
Senior Analyst, User Engagement & Monetization Experimentation
Apply data mining and statistics to measure and understand the search user experience and feature engagement. Design and implement statistical experiments to maximize site performance and profit as well as minimize and manage risk of revenue loss.
Company: Demand Media
Location: Santa Monica, CA
or by email to
- Apply data mining and statistics to measure and understand the search user experience and feature engagement.
- Act as a resource for statistical issues such as sampling and data analysis.
- Well versed in areas of hypothesis testing, mixed model analysis, multivariate analysis (cluster and factor analysis), sampling/stratification.
- Apply statistical methods to answer business and engineering questions.
- Use statistics and predictive modeling to collect, explore, and identify the right data to be analyzed from multiple sources, then construct algorithms to explain or predict behavior and solve a variety of business and engineering problems.
- Design and implement statistical experiments to maximize site performance and profit as well as minimize and manage risk of revenue loss.
- Extract and transform data from existing data stores and perform ad-hoc statistical analyses.
- Proficiency with MS Excel/Office, SQL and SAS.
- Write reports, create presentations, tables and graphs for analytical projects.
- Communicate statistical ideas and interpret statistical results to non-statisticians effectively.
- 5+ years of work experience in the statistics/analytics field.
- Solid understanding of statistical methods: Experimental design, Analysis of variance / Regression, Logistic regression and Non-parametric statistics.
- Familiar in time-series analysis.
- Solid data management skills: SAS, SQL and Excel (SAS certified highly desirable).
- Effective communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to explain results and statistical concepts to both technical and non-technical audience.
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects while working independently and in team.
- Ability to estimate required effort for project objectives and prioritize work items appropriately.
- BS or MS in Statistics or Operations Research or Computer Science.
Copyright © 2011 KDnuggets. |
SUBSCRIBE to KDnuggets News email |