to assist in the design of experiments, integration and analyses of biological datasets. The candidate will interact with scientists across Dow AgroSciences R&D.
Company: Dow Agro
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Dow AgroSciences LLC
, based in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, is a top-tier agricultural company that combines the power of science and technology with the "Human Element" to constantly improve what is essential to human progress. Dow AgroSciences provides innovative technologies for crop protection, pest and vegetation management, seeds, traits, and agricultural biotechnology to serve the world's growing population. Global sales for Dow AgroSciences, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company, are $4.9 billion.
Dow AgroSciences seeks a Computational Biologist to assist in the design of experiments, integration and analyses of biological datasets. This position is located in Indianapolis, IN, USA.
The successful candidate will join the "Analytics" Department of the "R&D Information Technology and Data Analyses" (ITDA) function and will interact with scientists across Dow AgroSciences R&D.
Key job responsibilities include
Demonstrated ability to write scientific papers is also desirable. Strong communication skills are essential along with an ability to collaborate effectively with both laboratory and field scientists.
- development and application of algorithms to analyze data from various mass-spectrometry experiments.
- Design of biological experiments using proteomics techniques, analysis, interpretation and presentation of results are also expected; as well as to act as a guide for the ongoing research process.
- The candidate will also be expected to identify and implement new quantitative methods that improve the integrity and efficiency of Dow AgroSciences product development cycle.
- Applicants should have a Ph.D. in computational biology, computer sciences, mathematics, physics, bioengineering, statistics, bioinformatics or closely related field.
- A solid foundation in proteomics is highly desired.
Apply online for Computational Biologist - Proteomics Data Analyst - Analytics - RnD (1104901)