Excel at understanding and manipulating large amounts of data, and have strong SW skills. Derive satisfaction from puzzling out complex data problems. Be enthusiastic about preventing Internet banking fraud
Company: Guardian Analytics
Location: Los Altos, CA
Guardian Analytics addresses the hottest issue facing corporations today - organized cyber crime. Dedicated to stopping online banking crime, Guardian Analytics was founded to turn traditional online security and fraud prevention upside down. The company delivered the market's first behavioral analytics fraud prevention solution and revolutionized the industry with a SaaS-based rapid deployment model. Guardian Analytics is recognized by Gartner as a visionary and is regularly featured as a thought leader in national publications. The company is located in Los Altos, CA and funded by top-tier VCs and boasts a growing and satisfied customer base of forward thinking banks.
Software Engineer, Data Analytics/Modeling
In this role, you will be a key member of our Analytics & Algorithms team and work closely with software engineering and customer/professional services. It is essential that you excel at understanding and manipulating large amounts of data, and possess strong software scripting/programming skills. To succeed in this role, you must derive satisfaction from puzzling out complex data problems, working in a highly collaborative team environment and be enthusiastic about preventing Internet banking fraud. Specifically, you will:
Additionally, depending upon your background and skills in probability theory and algorithms development, you may also have the opportunity to collaborate on new product development and evaluation.
- Analyze user data to identify customer behavior patterns, differentiating them from benign and fraudulent behavior
- Define, design and implement data analysis techniques and processes
- Configure FraudMAP® models for various kinds of data and customers
MS in CS, EE, Applied Math or related discipline, with 2+ years software development experience in a statistical or data analysis function or environment. Your skill set includes:
Additionally, given our dynamic startup environment and diverse problem sets, you must excel in:
- Strong analytical background, especially with semi-structured data
- Strong scripting skills in Linux/Solaris environments (Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Good understanding of algorithms derived from Machine Learning and Data Mining research
- Sufficient experience using data-driven learning, modeling and visualization techniques with tools like R, SQL, OLAP, etc.
- OOP/Java programming experience strongly preferred
- Experience in big data technologies, such as Hadoop/Pig, NoSQL etc. a plus
- Knowledge of internet technologies (IP routing, web analytics, etc) a plus
- Prior experience with data analysis related to financial fraud or Malware/Internet intrusion detection software a plus
- English written, verbal, interpersonal communication and teamwork skills
- Resourcefulness and persistence
- Flexibility and adaptability
Interested candidates, please send resume and cover letter to company's recruiter at: