Location: Chicago, IL
Orbitz is seeking a manager to join our fast-growing Advanced Analytics team. The Advanced Analytics group applies advanced analytical techniques from the fields of statistics and machine learning to help solve business problems across the Orbitz organization. The Advanced Analytics team has worked on projects involving e-Marketing, customer relationship management, sort order optimization, personalization, and fraud prevention, and there are many other exciting projects on the horizon.
We are seeking a strong individual contributor who is also capable of leading others on cross-functional projects. Successful candidates will have a broad range of skills including complex data manipulation, problem solving, project management, and communication.
Typical projects could include:
- Applying regression analysis to estimate price elasticities, impacts of promotions, or forecast business results
- Search Engine Marketing: Building predictive models to derive a value for every keyword (Booked Revenue per Click)
- Statistical support for large-scale A/B testing or Multivariate testing
- Building models for CRM (email marketing, customer lifetime value models, personalization algorithms etc)
- Building offline marketing mix models for optimal spend across channels
- Evaluating multi-click attribution systems across different scenarios
- Gather requirements for analytical projects through discussions with the business.
- Create and execute data acquisition strategies, so that the analytical requirements of the project can be met.
- Perform and/or lead data analysis (usually in SAS or R)
- Prepare a report of results which is technically sound, understandable to the business, and actionable.
- Communicate results to the business and help guide the business to the appropriate actions.
- 5-9 years of experience with statistical analysis and modeling (including working with predictive models, clustering, factor analysis, segmentation, multivariate regressions, decision trees, neural networks, etc)
- Strong experience with regression analysis is required.
- 5-9 years of experience with SAS or R
- Experience leading analytical projects
- Strong communication skills, including experience scoping analytical projects and sharing results with the business