analyze, optimize and implement computational rules used to monitor and control activity; customer-focused, detail-oriented, results-driven analytic professional with great communication skills and a strong knowledge of DB/statistical techniques; background in the payments and fraud prevention space.
Location: Redmond, WA
Job ID: #767217
qualified candidates please forward updated resume to
Want to work on projects that are ultra-challenging within the Online Services Division, the business area that is currently taking center stage at Microsoft? Interested in working on strategic initiatives that allow for creativity and room for growth? Are you an expert in statistical analysis? Are you a strong believer in using data to drive the best business decisions? Are you passionate about your work and believe you can make a difference?
The Risk Analytics team is responsible for evaluating online transactions for potential fraud. Our job is to provide quantitative assessments of all customers and identify those individuals who pose the most risk to our businesses. We are currently looking for a high-caliber individual to join our team and to help create the most sophisticated analytic solutions aimed at minimizing risk for the company.
The Decision Scientist would analyze, optimize and implement computational rules used to monitor and control activity on the Commerce Transaction Platform (CTP). We are looking for a customer-focused, detail-oriented, results-driven analytic professional with great communication skills and a strong knowledge of databases and statistical techniques that also has a background in the payments and fraud prevention space. Because of the number, complexity, and interdependency of rules, the optimization of rule sets is a non-trivial statistical, machine learning and text analytics problem that spans numerous databases.
- Use statistical techniques to design predictive models that detect fraud and other ecommerce risks. Iteratively test, refine, and improve the models. In this role, the Decision Scientist will be required to be expert in building predictive, statistically valid models.
- Implement and update computational rules to monitor and enforce Risk policies. Manage the day-to-day aspects of systems (SAS, data sources, workflow systems, etc.) to ensure that the modeling and production infrastructure is optimized. In this role, the Analyst will work closely with developers and other data/systems providers (internal and external) to enhance systems, trouble-shoot data issues, etcImprove rule performance by analyzing misses, hit rates, and customer feedback. Organize, document and simplify rules. Contributes to global rule set by building best-practice rules and understanding international needs and Payment types.
- The ideal candidate would possess a background in database design, ETL processes and SQL analysis to assist the Analytics team in formalizing their internal data flows and related reporting processes. This individual's responsibilities would include ensuring that our ETL jobs and the associated database architecture are optimized.
- Understanding partners' business processes and recommend data attributes that can contribute to identifying risk and possible fraud. Collaborates with relevant team members, Developers and Program Managers to ensure rules are in alignment with business needs.
- Assists the Software Development and Program Management teams in testing and deploying rule set.
Location is Redmond, WA. Full relocation provided and no state income tax in WA!
- Master's degree in Statistics, Operations Research, or Machine Learning (Ph.D. preferred) and a minimum of 3-5 years' related work experience. Proven ability to use modeling, optimization, machine learning or text classification algorithms.
- Successful execution of this role will require that the Analyst be an expert in database record manipulation (mainly SAS/SQL) and statistical modeling techniques (logit, decision-tree, neural networks, cluster analysis, etc. using SAS). The key measure of success will be the degree to which CTP is able to reduce fraud and other violations of our on-line policies as a result of better and more proactive data and monitoring.
- The ideal candidate would also possess a background in database design, ETL processes (SSIS) and SQL analysis (SSAS) to assist the Analytics team in formalizing their internal data flows and related reporting processes.
- They should also be flexible enough to jump in and act as a team-member, taking immediate ownership of unanticipated fraud scenarios, and responding to ad hoc database requests. To that end, the candidate must comfortable writing SQL queries, stored procedures and triggers
- Additionally, the candidate must demonstrate high energy/creativity, a passion for analyzing highly complex data sets, strong communication and project management skills, strong debugging skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, a relentless customer-focus, a practical understanding of quantitative methods, and superb attention to detail.
- C#, ASP, .NET languages, Data Warehouse and understanding of XML data structures are a plus.
- Candidates must be able to pass a background and technical examination.
qualified candidates please forward updated resume to
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, only those qualified will be contacted.