What if your work in analytics could help people achieve their educational goals? Do you want to be part of a transformative team that will change the way education is delivered?
Company: Altius University
Location: San Francisco, CA
Email your resume and cover letter to:
Are you excited about building a culture of analytical excellence across an organization? What if your work in analytics could help people achieve their educational goals? Do you want to be part of a transformative team that will change the way education is delivered?
Altius University has a position for YOU!
We offer stock options, challenging work, opportunities for career growth, a relaxing and fun work environment, and most of all the chance to be part of the team who will change higher education. If this sounds like what you're looking for then we ARE the right organization for you!
We believe that in order to keep growing as individuals and as an organization we must continuously collect, process and share data that informs our decisions on how we improve ourselves and the work that we do. As
DIRECTOR OF ANALYTICS, you will play an integral part in driving our culture of objective assessment and continuous improvement. You will be responsible for building our competency in analytics and driving analytics as a product. Success in this role means being involved in and improving the entire lifecycle of our organization and having significant exposure across all departments and with our executive team and Board of Directors.
Your mission is to:
Our ideal candidate:
- Champion a culture of analytical excellence within Altius.
- Lead the development of model-based strategies designed to objectively assess and refine the entire lifecycle of the student experience as well as all operating units within the Altius ecosystem including marketing, recruitment, admissions, retention and faculty and staff accountability strategies.
- Utilize data mining techniques to discover and analyze unknown data patterns to the University to help produce future trends.
- Use advanced research techniques to profile constituents of the University community to optimize data collection.
- Integrate knowledge of business and industry with expertise in analytical and statistical methodologies and data.
- Work closely with the information technology team on ongoing development of a data warehouse to support production reporting and ad hoc analysis.
- Work closely with the operations team to build analytical process improvement capabilities (e.g. process A/B testing).
- Apply advanced analysis techniques to identify drivers and trends within the University.
- Lead a high-performance analytical team comprised of individuals with advanced analytical, statistical and data skills by recruiting, training, coaching and developing effective leaders, staff and vendor relationships.
- Synthesize data, interpret and present results with appropriate business insight / context in writing and orally to senior management and key stakeholders.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE & SALARY: Full time and commensurate with experience.
- 5+ years experience working with advanced analytic techniques.
- Educational background in Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science.
- Data mining and market research experience including experience with statistical analysis software packages.
- Significant experience in predictive modeling, forecasting and regression techniques and developing intelligent information for business use.
- Proven presentation skills, ability to work independently, and as a member of a team with common objectives.
- Must be a team player, with demonstrated experience working across functional boundaries.
- High achievement orientation coupled with strong learning commitment.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate knowledge and ideas in a consultative matter to a variety of audiences, including senior leadership experience.
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Institutional Planning & Effectiveness
WORK SCHEDULE: 40 Hours Monday through Friday, Willingness to work evenings and occasional weekends is also required.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree required. Master's Degree or Ph.D. preferred.
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA.
Who are we?
Altius University is a leader in the delivery of online education. Our Online programs in Business, Criminal Justice, Accounting, General Studies and Health Care Administration are taught by instructors with proven experience in their fields. Our mission is to maintain a thriving educational ecosystem that provides access for a diverse student population and empowers them to succeed. Through our innovations in personalized virtual learning design, student services and educational pathways, we prepare our learners to achieve their academic goals, excel in their careers and contribute to their communities around the world. Altius University seeks to provide the most effective and personalized pathway for learners to achieve a quality university education. Students have direct access to dozens of first-rate, domestic and international 4-year colleges and universities. We're currently seeking bright, energetic and motivated people with a desire to make a difference and change lives.
We provide the most effective and personalized pathway for learners to achieve a quality university education.
to maintain a thriving educational ecosystem that provides access for a diverse student population and empowers them to succeed. Through our innovations in personalized virtual learning design, student services and educational pathways, we prepare our learners to achieve their academic goals, excel in their careers and contribute to their communities around the world.
Principles of Action:
1. Never forget why we're here
2. Exemplify openness and honesty
3. Be curious, be daring, and take action
4. Ignite our collective genius
5. Relentlessly pursue ways to improve
6. Try, fail, try again, fail better
7. Laugh. Play. Work hard because you love it.
To learn more about Altius Education and our mission, vision and guiding principles, visit our website at: altiused.com/about.
Applicant should send resume and cover letter to:
Altius University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.