Location: Chicago, IL
Apply online .
Orbitz is seeking a manager to join our fast-growing Advanced Analytics team. The Advanced Analytics group applies advanced analytical techniques from the fields of statistics and data mining to help solve business problems across the Orbitz organization. The Advanced Analytics team has worked on projects involving customer relationship management, customer loyalty, email optimization, sort order optimization, personalization, pricing strategies, and fraud prevention, and there are many other exciting projects on the horizon.
We are seeking a strong individual contributor who is also capable of leading others on cross-functional projects. Successful candidates will have a broad range of skills including complex data manipulation, problem solving, project management, and communication.
Typical projects could include:
- Building models that relate to Customer Relationship Management (email marketing, customer lifetime value models, personalization algorithms, churn models, etc)
- Customer segmentation analysis
- Applying regression analysis to estimate price elasticities, impacts of promotions, or forecasts business results
- Statistical support for large-scale A/B testing or Multivariate testing
- Building offline marketing mix models for optimal spend across channels
- Evaluating multi-click attribution systems across different scenarios
- Gather requirements for analytical projects through discussions with the business.
- Create and execute data acquisition strategies, so that the analytical requirements of the project can be met.
- Perform and/or lead data analysis (usually in SAS)
- Prepare a report of results which is technically sound, understandable to the business, and actionable.
- Communicate results to the business and help guide the business to the appropriate actions.
- 5-9 years of experience with statistical analysis and modeling (including working with predictive models, clustering, factor analysis, segmentation, multivariate regressions, decision trees, neural networks, etc) Strong experience with regression analysis is required.
- Proficient in using a statistical software package (eg: SAS, SPSS, SPLUS, R): SAS is highly preferred
- The ideal candidate will possess a Master's degree in Statistics or other related quantitative discipline such as Operations Research, Mathematics, Predictive Modeling, Data Mining, and Econometrics.
- Experience leading analytical projects
- Strong communication skills, including experience scoping analytical projects and sharing results with the business
- Proficient in querying data (SQL) and using MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
Apply online .