Responsible for different facets of advanced analytics - with a strong focus on online marketing's Travel Research channel.
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Please apply online
The Manager, Statistical Modeling & Analysis will be responsible for different facets of advanced analytics - with a strong focus on online marketing's Travel Research channel. He/she will use data mining and statistical methods (including working with predictive models, clustering, factor analysis, segmentation, multivariate regressions, decision trees, neural networks, etc) to glean valuable insights from our data that lead to maximizing ROI. This is a highly visible role in the company with an opportunity to create a strong impact to the business. Depending on the candidate's experience and qualifications he/she could be considered for the role of a Sr. Statistical Analyst.
In Travel Research, he/she will be involved in initiatives that include:
In general, will work closely with the eMarketing team and leverage advanced mathematical techniques to identify areas to improve efficiency of our Travel Research Campaigns - and maximizing return for our marketing spend.
- Building predictive models to derive a value for every hotel property and air O&D pair (Booked Revenue per Click)
- Cluster the long tail using appropriate data mining methods
- Computing optimal bid per hotel property and air O&D pair
- Deriving efficiency curves for optimal spend recommendations
- Other business problems that needs analytical support for Travel Research and other parts of the business.
He/she may also apply analytics/data mining in other areas such as:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Text mining initiatives, e.g. customer review log analysis
- building offline marketing mix models for optimal spend across channels
- Assist with A/B testing across the company and help instill a test & learn culture
- Evaluate multi-click attribution systems across different scenarios
(other duties may be assigned):
- Conduct key strategic quantitative analyses for the eMarketing group. Such analyses will generally be complex in nature - requiring application of Data Mining methodologies - and whereby large volumes of data are synthesized into actionable recommendations. Extensive use of SAS will be required.
- Build Predictive Models to inform intelligent Travel Research Marketing decisions
- Derive statistical models for estimating Revenue per Click for each hotel / air O&D pair.
- Cluster the long tail so as to bid them appropriately and leverage efficiencies to the fullest
- Build Regression models to derive efficiency curves for hotel segments - enabling intelligent spend allocation decisions based on marginal ROI
- Consult with partner groups on A/B & Multivariate testing of our retail sites
- Build marketing mix models to help inform optimal spend allocations across all channels
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience and possess a Master's degree in Statistics or other related quantitative discipline such as Operations Research, Mathematics, and Econometrics.
- Ideal candidate is highly analytical with a very strong quantitative skill set
- Experience in the field of Search Engine Marketing is preferred.
- Proficient and hands-on in implementing various statistical models and data mining tools (predictive modeling, clustering, logistic regressions, multivariate regressions, decision trees, neural networks, and so on)
- Proficient in using a statistical software package (eg: SAS, SPSS, SPLUS, R): SAS is highly preferred
- Proficient in querying data (SQL) and using MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Background and experience in A/B testing and MVT is a big plus.
- Experience with Business Intelligence Tools (eg: Business Objects, Microstrategy, QlikView, etc) is a plus
- Expertise in marketing mix models is a plus.
- Experience with web analytics (eg: Omniture, Webtrends) and website measurement is a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, high-energy group.
Please apply online here