Analytics and data mining projects, including scorecards and predictive models for Enterprise Risk Management, Marketing, Sales and Operations.
Location: Rochester, NY
With headquarters in Rochester, NY, Paychex, Inc. has more than 100 offices and serves approximately 554,000 payroll clients nationwide. We provide comprehensive payroll services, including payroll processing, payroll tax administration, time and attendance solutions, and employee pay services. Human Resource Services include 401(k) plan recordkeeping, workers' compensation administration, section 125 plans, a professional employer organization, and other administrative services for business.
Paychex is always looking for individuals who want to work for a company that allows for growth and development. With your desire to succeed and our training and resources, opportunities at Paychex are more than just jobs. They are your chance to build a solid career with one of FORTUNE magazine's
"100 Best Companies to Work For."
We provide an atmosphere that fosters a
healthy work life balance, and our comprehensive
benefits package provides health care, retirement planning, education assistance, and much more.
- Develops and implements scorecards/data driven predictive models covering different areas of the company, including Enterprise Risk Management, Marketing, Sales and Operations.
- Utilizes advanced functionality of Microsoft Office SQL, VBA, SAS and/or Business Objects for data mining and automation. Extracts and houses data from internal Paychex systems for use in modeling applications.
- Explores, validates and maintains high quality data with optimal data storage design. The data is used for model development and reporting.
- Explores and gathers external data including both public and private sectors to complement internal company data.
- Researches additional theories and technologies in predictive analytics, generates ideas for transforming data into practical models, and explores applied research ideas and formulation of R&D projects to be applied to any aspect of the company.
- Conducts analysis to validate the performance of existing models and recommends changes for improvements.
- Develops custom systems designed to determine and/or track the effectiveness of new and existing models.
- Executes all phases of quantitative research projects by identifying the business problem, conducting data exploration, modeling and communication of final results to Enterprise Risk Management leadership and other interested parties.
- Shares knowledge within the Risk Analytics group for cross training and development.
- During model development, works with business partners to understand all aspects of the business, from understanding business issues/priorities to analytically solving these business issues/priorities.
- Provides consultation to all company users in the areas of model development, account monitoring techniques, credit process strategies for manual and automated underwriting, quantitative financial analysis and/or potential risk management programs for new ventures.
The right candidate will possess a minimum of 5 years of experience in any of the following subjects: data mining, data warehousing, regression analysis, predictive modeling. Bachelor's degree in IT, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering, particularly Masters or PhD is preferred. Consideration may be given to a candidate with a degree in lieu of experience. Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Access is required. Experience with SAS and/or other statistical packages required.. Experience with SQL, VBA or Business Objects is a strong plus. Solid understanding of regression and decision tree based methods for fitting predictive models is a strong plus. Ability to collaborate and communicate in a concise and clear manner is required.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to Rob Hitchcock at
email@example.com referencing Job #12011B3, Risk Modeling Analyst II in the subject line
or apply online at