Location: Los Gatos, CA
Apply online here
Netflix is seeking an outgoing, curious, interdisciplinary data expert to work as a statistician, data miner, and business analyst. In this role you will have the opportunity to work across many areas of Netflix to analyze financial, operational, web, and consumer behavior. You will work with a variety of people and technologies to bring about advanced insights into our business.
Your work will help management be better informed to make the right decisions for our customers, our suppliers, and to improve our overall efficiency and profitability. At Netflix, our culture and management is committed to being a fact-based and analysis driven organization; because of this, your contributions will be of great interest to the various business areas. To succeed in this role you should be passionate about delivering accurate and actionable analyses to business decision-makers and be able to understand and creatively solve problems that span statistics, technology, and business. You should have exceptional communication skills and be adept at translating business questions into meaningful analysis plans.
One principal area of responsibility will be to help develop new and to tune existing statistical models used for demand prediction for our extensive library of streaming content. We're proud of our expertise we're developing in understanding demand and ultimately translating this into consumer value - so come be a part of the story!
- MS/PhD. degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, CS, Econometrics or equivalent/related degree.
- 4+ years relevant experience with a proven track record of leveraging data analysis to drive significant business impact.
- Expertise in predictive modeling. Must have knowledge/experience in some/all of the following: Multivariate Regression, Logistic Regression, Support Vector Machines, Bagging, Boosting, Decision Trees, and Time Series Analysis.
- Experience in Optimization, Stochastic Processes, Experiment Analysis, and/or Bootstrapping a plus.
- Proficiency in at least one statistical analysis tools such as R, SAS, and/or Weka.
- Above average capabilities with basic analysis tools of SQL and Excel.
- Proven interpersonal, communication and presentation skills - must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses.
- Java/C++/ Python/Perl programming skills, while not required, are considered a plus.
Apply online here