The Product Labs team, part of our core R&D group, builds products based on mining our data in new and creative ways.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Quantcast is looking for talented software engineers and scientists for our Product Labs team, engineers with a strong software development and research background with a keen interest in machine learning, data mining, statistics, and modeling. The Product Labs team, part of our core R&D group, builds products based on mining our data in new and creative ways. Our machine learning powers Quantcast's measurement products, including demographic and interest modeling. We're always looking for ways to find new insights from our data and build useful products from them.
Please be prepared for big data. As an engineer in Quantcast's Product Labs team, you'll be working with petabyte scale data and state-of-the-art tools for managing it. You will have thousands of machines at your disposal to execute the machine learning programs you develop. You'll leverage and enhance your skills in software engineering, statistics, scalable data processing, and machine learning. Best of all, you'll be able to see the impact of your work in our latest and greatest products, with high visibility both inside and outside the company.
- Rare R&D environment. Quantcast's business runs on a bigger data set than you'll find at almost any other company. That makes for a healthy R&D environment where ideas are driven by and can be validated quickly at scale on realistic workloads. It also means we have interesting large-scale CS problems to solve. Working here puts you on the frontier of big data innovation.
- Make an impact. Quantcast produces world-class analytics and advertising platforms with a small engineering team. Your work will go live here, in fact running on live traffic is a key part of our modeling methodology. You'll have a bigger impact here than you could at a large company.
- Start fresh. We are growing fast and need new technology. Take this opportunity to start and grow new ideas.
- Great timing. We are a fast growing pre-IPO technocracy. It's a rush, don't miss it.
- Develop statistical models for online advertising and measurement
- Build map/reduce pipelines in Java for executing them on real data sets
- Build UI, analysis tools, or integration components needed to support an operating product
- Get models live and learn from the results
Nice to have:
- CS degree or comparable experience
- Excellent Java programming skills
- Statistics or modeling experience
- Experience with map/reduce data processing
- Designing and tuning large-scale, high performance software
- Online advertising experience
- Experience designing, executing and evaluating A/B tests.
Quantcast is an audience measurement and targeting company. The pioneer of direct audience measurement, we start with the industry's most in-depth understanding of digital audiences to help marketers and publishers buy and sell the most effective targeted advertising and drive conversions through the full funnel. Our products let publishers match their audience to the exact consumers an advertiser wants to reach with impression level targeting. Ranked Fast Company's #3 Most Innovative Company on the Web and the Overall Winner of AlwaysOn's Global 250 Top Private Companies, Quantcast is used by the world's leading advertisers, the top 10 media agencies and 100+ million web destinations. Launched in 2006, Quantcast is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by Founders Fund, Polaris Venture Partners, Revolution Ventures and Cisco Systems.
Job Location: San Francisco, CA.
Apply online here.