Company: REC Research & Engineering Center
Location: Wroclaw, Poland
REC Research & Engineering Center is a dynamic company dedicated to software engineering. REC is a company of an international scope and character, the place where you will be confronted with the most innovative technologies and IT projects from around the world.
We are seeking an Experienced Research Fellow to work on an exciting project entitled "Computational Intelligence Platform for Evolving and Robust Predictive Systems (INFER)" funded by the European Commission within the Marie Curie Industry Academia Partnerships and Pathways (IAPP) scheme. This is a collaborative project between Bournemouth University from UK, Evonik Industries from Germany and Research & Engineering Center from Poland.
This is a fixed term appointment for 18 months.
Person employed in this position will be responsible for:
- To take a lead in research, individually and with others, in the design and implementation of the INFER Project's novel graphical user interface.
- To play an instrumental role in the development and implementation of the advanced version of the INFER software platform.
- To disseminate results as appropriate, including writing and publishing peer reviewed articles, conference papers and/or books.
- To present research findings in seminars and at conferences.
- To take active part in the project events and visit other project partners as required.
- To define research objectives and questions and generate new research approaches.
- To help with the organisation of events, supervision of younger researchers and project coordination activities.
- Applicants should have a strong analytical background and have at least four years of experience (or hold a Doctorate) in designing novel human-machine interfaces.
- Candidates should have very strong programming skills using Java and a range of modern technologies for realising rich graphical user interfaces (including web-based or remote interfaces).
- Proficiency in or at least working knowledge of any or the combination of Eclipse, Eclipse GMP, JFace, RAP, Swing would be an advantage.
- The applicant should satisfy eligibility for Experienced Researchers as defined by the EC. They must, at the time of the recruitment, have between 4 to 10 years of full time research experience (possession of a doctoral degree is optional). Additionally, eligible researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc) in Poland for more than 12 months, in the 3 years immediately prior to the date of selection.
- Opportunity for professional development
- Professional training system
- Stable working environment
- Social package: private medical care, meals subsidies and various forms of sports and cultural activities
- A friendly working atmosphere in a dynamic team
- Working in international environment, foreign business-trips
If you are interested in the position please send your CV in English to email@example.com
Please attach in your e-mail the job title and reference number. Please note: Only successful applicants will be contacted for interview.
Make sure you insert the following statement along with your CV:
I hereby agree for using the personal data included in my job application as required by the recruiting process (according to the Polish law of August 29, 1997 on the protection of personal data Dz. Ust. Nr 133 poz. 833).
For further questions about the position please contact:
We do create a workplace engineers love. Join us!