Serve as an analytical consultant to various merchandising and supply chain initiatives with a primary role of supporting the strategic and tactical decision-making process.
Company: Family Dollar Stores
Location: Charlotte, NC
Stephanie Stigall, Corporate Recruiter
The SAS Analyst serves as an analytical consultant to various merchandising and supply chain initiatives with a primary role of supporting the strategic and tactical decision-making process, specifically as it relates to leveraging statistical concepts along with general business intelligence to derive effective cross-functional business solutions. Moreover, this position will assist the Director of Merchandise Forecasting with day-to-day project development, which includes compiling data, conducting exploratory data analysis, building models, analyzing results, and presenting technical findings to a non-technical audience. In addition, the SAS Analyst will be responsible for embracing Family Dollar's store-centric commitment to customers, customer service and sales.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Assist in the development and implementation of a cross-functional analytical support team for Supply Chain and Merchandising. Initial efforts will be focused on Clustering, Promotional Planning & Analytics, and Supply Chain optimization.
2. Attend meetings to collect and communicate business insights (subject matter knowledge) with colleagues and/or management in various functional areas throughout Merchandising and Supply Chain. More specifically this duty will allow the SAS Analyst to collect and discuss detailed project requirements such as key goals and objectives, constraints and external factors, success criteria (key performance metrics), timelines, and required deliverables (i.e. Discovery Phase).
3. Work with the I.T. organization to develop/enhance the SAS data warehouse by collecting and formulating business requirements that will allow our team to access, manage, and present various forms of data more efficiently (i.e. Data Prep Phase). Additional duties include developing SAS stored procedures and macro programs that can improve our team's ability to provide results that are more efficient, accurate, and consistent from analyst to analyst.
4. Conduct exploratory data analysis and formulate ideas on plausible models, which includes evaluating general statistics (mean, standard deviation, variance, distributions, etc), identifying potential influential variables and relationships, and generating quantitative/statistical output to derive inferences and potential modeling solutions (Exploratory Phase).
5. Develop business solutions through data analytics by producing quantitative models, processes, and/or reports to support Supply Chain and Merchandising decisions (Modeling Phase). More specifically, the SAS Analyst will be required to perform various data mining techniques to identify and profile underlying relationships that are statistically significant and applicable to the business decisions at hand.
6. Utilize business knowledge and visual presentation skills to develop and communicate technical findings and/or solutions to management in an effective forum that allows all parties involved to clearly understand how to leverage insights as it relates to their perspective businesses (Delivery Phase).
Minimum Requirements: Office work, generally 40+ hours a week
B.A. or B.S. degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, or equivalent work experience; data analytics/statistics background required.
2-3 years of applicable retail exposure (store and/or corporate) with 1-2 years of supply chain and merchandising experience. Minimum 2 years SAS experience with 1-2 years of exposure to relational databases.
Technical / PC Skills:
SAS Programming I and II required; SAS Stat I required; SAS Enterprise Guide preferred; Applied Predictive Technologies - APT preferred; SQL / TOAD Programming preferred; Advanced Excel and Power Point Skills
Excellent ability to communicate to different levels in the organization, with solid presentation skills; Proven ability to develop partnerships through cross functionally collaboration; Self-motivated and team oriented; Ability to work in a fast paced and continuously evolving environment
Stephanie Stigall, Corporate Recruiter